Part 12

Phillip had to decide when to tell his parents. He wasn't ready to tell his family yet. He'd tell them later. He decided to talk with Alpha Michael first. As he pondered, someone interrupted his thoughts.

"What are thinking about?" Aria asked as she approached Phillip. Phillip was a great guy and she had fun dancing and joking with him at the party. They flirted, but nothing would come of it. Besides he was heading back to California tonight with her brother.

Phillip smiled, Aria Loess was every guys dream. Tall, beautiful, and smart, she was the absolutely gorgeous. Last night at the party, they talked for a while and spent the evening together. Last year, if someone had told him he'd be hanging out with the alpha daughter, he would have laughed. But now he had the greatest experience of his young life. Aria was funny and smart. He could see why her father, brother, and cousin banned him from pursing her. She wasn't his mate, but he knew when she met her mate he'd be a lucky man. He just looked at her. Unlike most of the girls he'd met, she was not vain and hung up on her beauty. Feeling a sense of glumness, Phillip wished he'd asked her out just once. He knew Ares and Benny would beat him senseless, but it would have been worth it. He looked at her and smiled.

"Nothing, just going home. I was thinking about classes. I need to find a tutor to help me prepare for finals. I guess I'll find a guy because a pretty girl would distract me." He added. Aria punched him in the shoulder and Phillip yelped. His sister, Candace, laughed as she joined them. Aria relayed what he said and she punched him too.  

  Soon the three just talked, but both girls felt he was hiding something. Then Aria realized something significant. He didn't say he was going back to school. He said he was going home. Candace left and Aria faced him. "Phillip what did you mean when you said you were going home tonight? Are you relocating to California?" she asked.

Startled that she figured it out, Phillip looked at her. His eyes were wide and she could tell he was nervous. "Yes, Thane is home for me now. Look, Aria, only you and Alpha Javon know. Please don't say anything. I'm not ready to tell everyone yet."

Aria sighed. I'll miss him. she thought. Then she hugged her friend and agreed to keep quiet for now. "Hey, you're not gone yet. Besides, we can travel, so it's not like we'll never see you again, right?" Phillip smiled and nodded. Since contacting the pack initially and having Nina reintegrated with Thane, Thane and Loess were now connected. He wasn't losing his family, just expanding. He'd tell father tonight and when they came home for Marisol's graduation in a few weeks, he'd tell everyone else. "Come on, let's go. Your dad warned me about you and I like having a butt to sit on." He teased. Soon they laughed and rushed off to find everyone else.

*****

At Thane, Clarence returned home and everything seemed normal. Javon contacted Michael and told him that the boys would fly back tonight. Michael could tell that something was bothering the other alpha so he waited. Finally Javon spoke.

"I was there the day he was born. Leo and Remy announced his birth and I never saw a father that was prouder. I was the third person to hold him. As he grew, he was a handful. When the boys got together, you knew they were going to cause trouble. Phillip was the most rambunctious and outgoing." Javon laughed. "Then around thirteen they discovered girls. He teased every girl in this compound and was whipped every time, but he never gave up. He became quite the little Lothario, our Phillip." Michael laughed. "He is a member of Thane now. I have to let him go. But Michael, he will always be considered ours. Take care of him and if you ever need anything from us, just call." He added finally.

Michael exhaled. "Javon, I am honored to accept Phillip into my pack. You all are family. He's not leaving, just moving to a different address. Right?" he added. Javon took a deep breath and Michael paused. He knew the other man was near tears if he wasn't crying already.