Part 36

Breakfast ended and Geraldo asked Iyoka to spend the rest of her morning with him. She smiled and the alpha pair went back to their home together. This action did not go unnoticed by then rest of the pack. They all shared secret smiles and hopes for a new alpha mating soon.

Gerald walked home with Iyoka. He had thousands of thoughts floating through his mind. He was nervous, excited, and afraid. If he messed up, she could reject him and where would that leave him.

"I like the way you had the house renovated. I hated this place. My parents cared for no one. The pack told me that you sold most of the things they had here and used the money for needed repairs." She faced her mate. "Geraldo, thank you."

"It was wasteful when the pack was suffering greatly. I know they were your parents so I will not speak ill of them." He stated. "As far as I am concerned, unless it is something you need to discuss, we will no longer refer to them."

Iyoka paused, "You know my history with them, right?" she queried.

"Yes, why do you think they are gone?" Geraldo answered, his voice chilling.

Iyoka stood and paced the room. "I might not be able to have children." She stated clearly.

"Yet, you might be able to. If not, we have our pack." Geraldo exhaled. He had to tell her the truth about himself. He had to expose who Geraldo Javier Cortez really was. "I am not a nice guy. Iyoka. I've done things. Things I am not proud of. I want to be honest with you, and show you everything I am. I want you to accept me, Iyoka but I won't hide my past."

Iyoka faced her mate and nodded. Geraldo sat beside her and took her hand; He kissed her knuckles and sighed.

"I am the oldest son of a powerful Mexican Alpha. He mated with my mother and I was told he loved her to the point of insanity. I was born a few years after he became Alpha. They were happy. My mother became pregnant with a second child and she became very ill. She died and the baby was never born."Geraldo sighed, "Father was devastated. He was hard on me, that's why when South American pack sent a woman to meet him I was excited. If father mated, he would be happy again. Pena seemed nice enough. The pack liked her and she ignored me mostly. I did not care, father was happy."

Geraldo paused, Iyoka waited she seemed to know this was hard. Geraldo faced her and continued his story. He told her of his father's marriage. He stood with this father and the first five years were fantastic. Then he turned fifteen. Pena had given birth to two of his brothers and his sister Adrianna by then. One night, father had to travel and she came to him. She was angry; she felt he was not pulling his weight as the oldest son. Pena started making demands.

Geraldo continued. "I did everything she asked, and then I met Angel. She was hunting for food when some males from my pack surrounded her. I could tell their intent before I reached them. I intervened and fought them off, Angel ran away." Geraldo paused.

"They reported back to father and I told him what happened. Pena was furious. A lone bitch was in our territory and I defended her. She was trespassing and the males were within their rights. Father sent me out, and things were OK. I finally had a chance to see her again and we became friends. I learned that pack was dying. She would perish if something was not done. She was practically my best friend, so in my eighteen years of wisdom, I suggested that we mate. If we mated, Dad and Pena had to let her live at the compound, right?" He explained.

Iyoka smiled. Her mate was brave and compassionate. Then Geraldo continued. "Father was furious. Pena was pissed, but it did not matter. Angel was my mate and a part of Cortez-Alvarez. He demoted me to omega and gave me the smallest dwelling to live in. Angel did not care. She vowed to love me and she did. We did not love each other at first, but the love grew. For three years, I worked hard, and she was humiliated daily. My brothers and sisters intervened when they could, but often suffered censor at their mother's hand."