Part 33

Marisol was home alone at the moment trying to get all of her last minute tasks finished before leaving for Louisiana in the morning. Zeke would be driving her there, and her parents would come to visit just as soon as things settled down at Cortez. Her Dad had arranged for a therapist to reside in Louisiana for the next six months. Alpha Lakota and Grandma agreed that it was a wise idea. They had also agreed with her parents when they'd suggested that she not stay on campus but at Wildwood, while she was attending classes. She didn't mind really; at least this way she'd get to see Zeke every day.

For the first time she was really and truly happy. Her Dad was home and now he had his true mate. Her brother and sister would have four parents to love and look out for them, and she even had a new sister, Amari, whom she wanted to get to know. As she mused about all the recent changes to her life, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," she called and Kyra entered.

Marisol adored her youngest aunt and she was sure that something was going on with her. She hadn't gone with them today on their shopping trip, which was very odd but she wasn't sure if she should ask her about it or just wait and see if Kyra would talk about it voluntarily.

"Do you have everything?" Kyra asked her.

"Yes, Zeke is coming by early tomorrow morning to load the truck and we'll head to Louisiana after breakfast," Marisol answered.

Finally curiosity and worry got the best of her and Marisol decided that she needed to at least try and get Kyra to talk to her about whatever it was that was going on with her. "Aunt Kyra, are you ill?" she asked.

"No," Kyra assured her with a small smile. "I'll be fine in eight more months," she went on to answer slyly.

Marisol frowned for a moment and then her eyes widened. "A baby? You're having a baby!" Marisol exclaimed and hugged her tightly. "Does grandma know about this? What about Dad?"

Kyra shook her head and explained, "No, only Malcolm knows and now you. I just wanted you to have some happy news for once."

"I want to come home when you're ready to have him or her or them, so promise me you won't forget to call.. " Marisol prattled on.

"It's a boy, and it's only one this time unless he has a sibling that's really quiet," she added.

Marisol laughed, "I can't wait to mate with Zeke and start a family. Aunt Kyra, I am so happy for you."

The two women chatted for a while longer, but Kyra made sure her niece packed everything she needed to take with her. She wished she could accompany her in her parent's absence, but this pregnancy was a rough one. She could barely get up in the mornings.

Love, you need rest, Malcolm sent.

Kyra smiled and bid her niece goodnight before she went home.

As she was getting ready for bed there was yet another knock on the door. She'd already changed into her nightclothes, so she went to see whom it was and was thrilled to find it was Zeke and opened the door quickly for him. "I wasn't expecting to see you until tomorrow morning," she said as he entered the house.

"I know, but I knew you were home alone and I just wanted to come and check on you and say goodnight," he explained sounding just a little sheepish.

Marisol was touched by his concern and admitted, "I really don't like being here all by myself. Maybe you could stay here with me tonight."

Zeke gasped a little and tried to swallow past the lump that formed in his throat at the idea of spending the night alone with his mate. While he wanted nothing more he knew that, her parents and his Alpha's would be none too pleased with him if he did. "I don't think would be a very good idea," he said after a moment.