The Country Wolf

I laughed loudly and held on to the side of the truck as Jason jerked to halt again causing me and Beth to fly every where.

"Jason stop it!" we yelled between our laughter.

He grinned at us from the mirror his laughter reaching us.

Usually its illegal for people to ride in the bed of a truck but when you lived in towns like ours the police didn't even care.

Ryan, Beth's mate chuckled and shook his head at Jason's antics.

Jason suddenly hit the gas making me and Beth grab each others hand and squeal closing our eyes. My brown hair flew everywhere just as Beth's blond locks did.

When he pulled to a stop we were both laughing so hard we couldn't breath. Ryan and Jason got out the truck slamming the doors. Giggling I stood up shakily and placed my hands on Jason's shoulders letting his hands grip my waist.

He lifted me up easily and once I was out of the truck's bed I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Carry me" I mumbled.

"So lazy" he laughed shaking his head.

"But you still love me" I smiled.

He rolled his eyes but walked into the dinner. People greeted us warmly and we waved back. Everyone inside the dinner had known me since I was a kid.

Jason carried me to our regular booth were two of our friends sat bickering.

"An I'm telling you that track was totally whack!" Taylor hissed. Mason rolled his eyes his arms crossed over his chest angrily.

"No it wasn't! Your just deaf" Mason's oh so smart come back was.

"Hey what ya'll fighting over now" I laughed as Jason sat down placing me on his lap.

"The last track Mason made" Taylor huffed.

I grimaced and gave Mason a apologetic look "It wasn't your best Mas"

"Fine what ever!" He snapped.

The rest of us held in our laughter at his little temper tantrum.

Mary Grace a girl about 2 years older then us came over in her little apron her red curls pinned up out of her face. "Hey guys what would you like today?" Her drawl was stronger then most but it was cute on her.

"The usual" Jason answered for all of us.

She smiled and hurried off making Mason lean over in his seat to stare at her butt.

Taylor smacked the back of his head making him scowl. "What the heck woman?"
Taylor crossed her arms and glared at the wall but I could see the tears glistening in her eyes.

Taylor and Mason were mates but they had rejected each other. I knew Taylor loved Mason and wanted to be with him more then anything but the instant they saw each other she knew he was going to reject her so to save pride she rejected him back even though it broke her heart.

I didn't understand how she could hang out with us day after day and watch him hook up with random girls that passed through town.

I would have gone rouge by now if I had been in her position.

Mason scowled at her completely baffled as to why she'd hit him. I shook my head at him and leaned my head back on Jason's shoulder.

Jason was my best friend and had been since I was about 12. When I had my first heat at 16 he'd been there to ease it which had brought us even closer but never in a romantic way.

We both knew we had mates some where out there and if we became anything more then friends we'd just end up hurting one another in the end.

But it was nice to have each other now for comfort.

When we were done we thanked Mary Grace and walked out to the truck. Suddenly the sound of motorcycles reached our ears.

We looked up as the noise grew closer.

We watched as about ten bikes road down the street each rider clothed in black and appearing around our age. Suddenly the most delightful smell I'd ever encountered hit making me making me close my eyes.

I whimpered as my wolf clawed to get free and find the source.

"Whoa Libby you alright?" Jason asked.

I shook my head and retracted my fangs. I gave him a false smile hoping he wouldn't ask any questions. "Yeah fine just got a little dizzy was all"

He gave me a look which told me he knew I was lying but he didn't push me.

Jason and Ryan got back in the cab of the truck and Taylor and Mason joined me and Beth in the back.

Jason headed back to the pack house which was huge considering where we lived. The human's in town thought we were just a very large family that wanted some peace away from the city which was partly true.

I gulped when I spotted the bikes parked in the driveway.

I could hear Jason and Ryan grumbling in the front along with Mason. Males hated other males invading in their territory. They became exceptionally protective of their woman when unknown males came around.

When we got out the truck Jason wrapped a arm tight around my waist keeping me close.

Ryan did the same to Beth. I was slightly surprised when Mason pulled Taylor against him his body curling around her's protectively. I could tell by the look on her face she was surprised too but was enjoying their closeness.

Maybe Mason was realizing what Taylor meant to him.

We entered the house the boys more alert then normal. When we entered the living room I was surprised to see all the men standing around. My father and mother were smiling pleasantly at the newcomers.

Suddenly the scent I'd caught at the diner hit me full force. I gasped and struggled against Jason who gripped me tightly to his chest.

"Libby stop it!" Jason growled lowly at me.

I growled back clawing at his arms.

My parents looked at me startled but suddenly a deep raspy voice the air.

"Let her go now"

My head whipped to the source and I whimpered again my wolf howling to go to him. He was the most gorgeous man I'd ever seen. His dark hair was messy but in sexy way. He had dark eyes and diamond stud in one ear. He wore a black T-shirt that stretched over the span of his chest highlighting his delicious muscle.

Dark tribal tattoos marked both of his arms adding to his dark appeal.

Jason gripped me even tighter his fingers digging painfully into my skin. I yelped in pain causing the male to snarl loudly.

"Jason let me go" I yelled slightly scared. He never acted like this before and I was desperate to get to the man who smelled like heaven to me.

The man was shaking now two of his friends holding him back.

I was suddenly free as Ryan and Mason jerked Jason's arms back. I winced as blood rushed back into my arms and hands. Wasting no time I ran to the man who was still shaking violently.

Soon as I reached him I wrapped my arms around his neck pressing my body against his. His friends released his arms and I almost moaned as his thick arms wrapped around me bringing me closer.

I whimpered and pressed my face against his chest loving how sparks and heat poured through me.

"I guess I can't deny you now can I?" My father sighed.

I understood then that this man and his friends had been asking permission to be on our territory.

"Thank you Alpha" The man holding me rumbled.

I squeaked slightly when he grasped my waist picking me up causing me to wrap my legs around his waist. I pressed my face against the man's neck inhaling his scent.

"Libby..." My father growled softly.

"He's mine" I snarled my alpha tone leaking into voice.

I could hear my mother saying something to my father making him sigh.

"Very well. You hurt my daughter and your dead understood?"

"Yes" My mate rumbled.

I sighed softly as my mate carried me out the living room past my friends. I whispered to him where my room was and in no time I found myself being pressed down into my mattress the door locked.

As he pulled his shirt over his head I smiled happy that I'd finally found my soul mate.Excited to finally start my life as a mated female. Excited to enjoy the happiness Beth seemed to pulse with.

That night he claimed me.

That night he buried his fangs into my skin and marked me as his and his only.

That night while I was sleeping he climbed onto his bike and left never looking back.

He hadn't even told me his name.