Chapter 2

Brandon P.O.V

I winced as Roxy aka Julie hit me repeatedly.

"Roxy alright I get it calm down!" I snapped grabbed her wrist tightly. She snarled loudly and jerked away from me.

"No Brandon I don't think you do get it!'

"You told me my target was a new lead for our case but she's your damn mate! For months you've had me getting info on her knowing exactly who she was!"

I looked away guilty. I had lied to Roxy but I had to know if Libby was okay. I had to know how much damage I'd done to her.

I'd met up with the rest of my team that morning only to feel a rush of agonising pain that hadn't been mine. I'd fallen to my knees with a shout my hands grasping my chest.

I hated myself at that very moment. I should have never marked her. I should have never mated with her. I should have ran from that town the minute I caught her scent on the wind. But I had done none of those things and now my mate was in pain.

I knew the moment I took her that I would have to leave her and break her heart.

I had fought my wolf as I stared down at my mate that night. Her hair had been messy her lips bruised and plump. Her skin had glowed her cheeks a light pink. She'd been absolutely beautiful. But she hadn't been mine to keep and it had been wrong for me to mark her.

So many people wanted me dead. So many people would love to see me suffer. I made sure when I was brought into this life that I would have no weaknesses. I would have no loved ones.

Libby would have been a target an there was no way in hell I'd be the reason my mate was harmed.

So I'd made the choice.

Have my mate and have her in constant danger or leave my mate in the safety of her family and have her hate me.

It had been the hardest decision of my life.

 I flinched as Roxy hit me again.

"How could you  do that to that poor girl you idiot! She got pregnant!" Roxy snarled.

I closed my eyes pained. 

I hadn't known about Jacob and seeing him propped on Libby's hip had been a major shock to me. I felt like the worst person to walk the earth in that moment. I had gotten Libby pregnant and left her all alone.

As Libby had yelled I hadn't been there for her. I hadn't been there when our son had been born I hadn't been there period.

"But it was to protect her" my wolf reminded me.

Yes it was to protect her but it didn't change what I had done to her.

I'd felt bad for tricking Roxy into tracking Libby down but the pain had grown to much. I had to see my mate.

She was even more beautiful then the last time if that was possible. Her hair was a little shorter but it was long enough for me to tangle my hands in. Her bright blue eyes had my knees weakening and the sound of her voice had my wolf howling.

"Brandon are you even listening?" Roxy snapped.

I sighed and rubbed a hand through my hair.

"Roxy I had to see how she was doing, but now that I know about Jacob.........Roxy I can't just leave her this time."

Roxy's eyes softened and she shook her head giving me a pitying look.

"Brandon you know how it is. We have no family, we have no friends, we are alone."