Untitled Part 2

after a long 19 hours and 19 minute drive from arizona to omaha. im here.

"126 summersbee court this is it" my mom repeated the adress as she pulled into the driveway. the first thing i noticed was the bright red door on the house. it stood out like a elephant in a room of mice,

i looked around the tight circle of houses, it went from little girls playing outside in a kitty pool to fully grown teenage boys having a screaming match outside, this was my new neighbourhood and i needed to get used to it.

my dad opened the front door and walked out with the biggest smile on his face.

"alaska!! heather and andrea are inside setting up your room they're sp excited to see you" he said while engulfing me in a bone crushing hug.

"dad.... too tight" i whispered and he loosened his grip.

"sorry cupcake, i've really missed you A" my dad said calling me by the one letter he's called me since i was young.

"go inside and see your sisters, your dad will help me with these bags. won't you liam?" my mom smiled.

"of course i will, dana" he said and warpped his arm around her, kissing her temple. even though mom and dad were divorced and living in different states, they were still bestfriends which is something i've always loved about their relationship.

i went inside the house and noticed the theme, grey, black and blue it was really cute if you ask me. 

"alaska!!!" i heard heathers high pitched voice scream as her and andrea smothered me in affection. 

the three of us were always close considering how close we are in age. it went andrea who is now 22, heather who is 19 and then theres 17 year old me. 

"okay so your room is the one with the door that says your name on it" andrea said laughing.

i smiled and laughed, my sisters are so extra.

"go get yourself situated, we're gonna so say hi to mom." and with that, they were gone and i was standing alone at the bottom of the wooden staircase. i walked up and looked down the hallway i saw the word ALASKA spelt out of silver letters on a door, must be my room.

i opened up the door and was releived that they didn't go too overboard.

 i saw a plain room with light grey walls, a white desk, a white dresser, and then my bed with white sheets and royal blue pillows to add color, also a royal blue desk chair. i loved it.

i plopped myself onto the bed, it was softer than the one i had at home.

my dad walked in holding my bags.

"did mom leave yet?" i asked, hoping she was still here.

"no she's in the kitchen with your sisters waiting for you to say goodbye.

"oh okay, then i'll be right back."

i walked downstairs into the kitchen. my mom opened her arms when she saw me. i walked straight into her open arms.

"i'm gonna miss you call me if you need me" she said and kissed my cheek.

i nodded and she got up, she said goodbye to my sisters and my dad and then she left. 

this is it.