chapter three

I stood in Houston Park waiting for Jahmer to show

I stood in Houston Park waiting for Jahmer to show. It was seven twenty seven, slowly but surely I was growing impatient. We could have been done by now but no he can't show up on time. If he catches up, he catches up. I began to run, slowly pick up my pace with every step. Bryson Tiller's voice sang in my headphone drowning the surrounding commotion. My mind was focused on one thing; running. It's been awhile since I've ran because of everything telling with the fitness center. I felt someone's presence among me. I turned around to see Jahmer. Immediately, I stopped and turned to face him.

"I'm not in the mood to hear any excuses you may have. We agreed to meet at seven but yet you come thirty minutes after." I told him before putting my headphones back in and began to run again. All I wanted to do was run at this particular moment in time.

━━━

one hour later

one hour later

Both Jahmer and Brielle stopped near the waterfall located within the park. Brielle was still a little heated so she kept her distance. She walked over to the rocks and took a seat on one. She opened the top to her water bottle, taking small sips. Jahmer watched her every move. He would be lying if he said that he didn't find her attractive.

"Jahmer?" She called out breaking him from his thoughts.

"Wassup?" He inquired.

"I just want to apologize for snapping on you earlier, it's just that I like doing things on time." She apologized. He sensed that she felt bad because her head was looking down at her lap, playing with her fingers.

"I should be the one apologizing. I could alerted you that I was going to be running late but I didn't. If I was you, I would have snapped on me too." He told her which made her let out a small chuckle. He took a seat on the rocks beside her. Brielle was quiet, her attention on the waterfall that was rushing down less than two hundred feet away from them. Jahmer didn't want to mess with her so he took out of his phone and responded to Zoé.

"You ready to go?" Brielle inquired as she got up from the rock. He nodded and got up from the rock. Brielle put her headphones back and began to jog. Jahmer picked up his pace and followed her. About fifteen minutes, they were in the parking lot, walking toward their cars.