chapter six

brielle c. tran

Today is the meeting with my older brother, Kenneth. I'm glad that I'm able to get to the opportunity to meet Kenneth and I'm super excited about it! I walk into the center with a bright smile on my face. Nothing can possible get me in a bad mood today; I'm certain of it. I walk into the room where all the spinning bikes and all the machines similar to it and seen Jahmer on the floor stretching.

"Good morning Jahmer." I greet.

"Good morning Brielle." He smiles as he got up from the floor. He walks in my direction and leaned against one of the treadmills.

"Fifteen minutes on the stairmaster at a speed of 15 miles per hour." I told him. He nods and got on the machine. I would work out with him, but I had to go to the lunch right after and I don't want to smell like sweat.

"You're not working out today?" He asks.

"No I have something important to do after I leave here, so I can't work out today."

"I'm glad you're back though, it was kind of boring without your talks and positive feedback."

"Aww, you missed me." I cooed as I pinch his cheeks. He swats my hands away from his face.

"I didn't say all that, all I said was that it was boring without your talks and what not. Don't let that go to your head, we don't want to make it any bigger." He jokes and I flick him off.

We've established a friendship over the course of the past few weeks. I've learned that he has a girlfriend and all of my "feelings" for him went out of the window. I respect her even though I don't know her. I'm not about to try and seduce him or something like that.

"Go on somewhere Jahmer, I hope Zoé beats your ass."

"Zoé knows she's not beating Big Daddy Jahmer's ass, if anything she knows I'll have her ass bend over a dresser." He smirks.

"Time much information, nasty ass." I scrunched my face up. He chuckles and got off of the stairmaster.

"One hundred push ups." I instruct. 

He got down on the floor and began to do his push ups. I sat down on his back and smirk. He wasn't struggling to push up which I was proud of. The first time I sat on his back, he fell to the side.

"I'm proud Jahmer, you're getting strength in your arms. Have you been cooking those recipes I've shown you?"

"Yes I have and I've created my own recipes."

"Really?" I inquired.

"Yes, come over to my house one day and I'll teach you. Looks like the student has become the master."

"Boy please, you're still the student. You just have more knowledge than before." I told him.

"Whatever but I like this eating clean stuff. Zoé thinks it's weird but I like it." He admits.

"That's good that you like eating clean, maybe she'll come around one day." I shrug. 

I felt my body rise and I fell on the floor. Jahmer laughs loudly as he got up from the floor. He put his hand for me and I pull him down to the ground.

"Damn Bri, that's how you feel?"

"Yeah, you're the one who put me on the ground first."

"Good point, but still you didn't have to pull me down on the ground." He states. I playfully roll my eyes as I got up from the ground.

"Just for that, you're bench pressing." I smirk deviously as I walk out of the room. I knew he hated bench pressing.

"How much weight?" I ask.

"One hundred and ten on each side." He said. 

I nod and put one hundred and ten on each side. I stood behind him and watch him bench press. His arm strength has improved remarkably. His arms started to wobble and I help him place the bar back on the stand.

"That was amazing, good job Jahmer." I praise. He smiles and sits up. He took a sip from his water bottle and looks up at me.

"What's next?"

━━━

one hour later

I pull into the parking lot of Oaks Lounge. It was finally the moment I've been waiting for all day. I got out of my car and walk toward the entrance of the building. I walk inside and head toward the back of the restaurant. I see my mom so I continue walking toward the back. When I stood in front of the table, I see him. We look so much alike. My mom gave me a smile and I took a seat.

"Where's dad?" I ask.

"On his way. Kenneth, this is your younger sister Brielle. Brielle, this is your older sister Kenneth." She introduces. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Damn she does look just like me." Kenneth states and I let out a chuckle.

"It feels weird having another brother."

"How many more siblings we got?"

"Five sisters and two brothers. It looks like you're the oldest now."

"That's crazy, I always wanted siblings growing up and now I have some. How old are you?"

"I'm twenty three. How old are you?" I ask.

"Twenty six, how old is everyone else?"

"Ro's twenty five, Leilani's twenty two, Christian's twenty one, Kaila and Caleb are nineteen and Alana is seventeen." I stated. 

He nods his head before taking a sip from his drink. I can't wait for him to meet the family and just have a good time like we always do. It'll be good for Christian to have another guy around since Caleb is down in Florida pursuing his degree.