Chapter 5-Your P.O.V

You tucked your dagger into your belt and watched as the Argo III docked. Percy came up to you.

"Be careful, (y/n)." He warned.

"Percy, he apologized. We're fine." Percy gave you a look and you could clearly see that he was still worried about you.

"If you say so." He put his hands on your shoulders. "Just be safe."

"Alright."

"(Y/n), let's go!" Piper called.

"See you, Percy." You said to your brother, turning and heading towards your friend.

"Let's do this," Piper said. In a softer voice, she added: "How did it go with Leo?"

"Great." You told her. "I think we're almost normal again." Piper smiled.

"That's awesome!"

"Ladies, let's go!" Leo said, charging between you and heading down to land. "We have a giant historical landmark to see!"

"Leo!" You scolded. Piper smiled as you two followed him, Frank close behind.

"Looks pretty normal to me," Piper whispered to you.

"What do you mean? Leo's never normal!" You said.

"Let's go see how normal the Parthenon is."

____________________________________________________________

As soon as you reached the landmark, you all knew something was up.

Your feet sank slightly into the ground. The place was deserted. There was no doubt that Gaea's presence still lurked here.

"So, where do you think the last bit of a powerful goddess would hide?" Frank asked casually.

"I doubt she's actually in the Parthenon," Piper said. "It'd be silly to be so close to the mortals, and so easy to access."

"She's probably just nearby." Leo agreed. You looked down at your feet. Your tops of your shoes were almost covered by the soft earth. Looking at the others, you realized their feet were simply making indents.

"Um, guys?" You said, trying to lift your feet to no avail.

Child of the waters. A voice murmured. Your group looked around.

"(Y/n)?" Leo asked, looking at you in confusion. A face appeared in the ground. A soft smile graced the grassy face, but it was crazed at the same time. It's bright green eyes were tainted maliciously. Leo gasped and lit his hand on fire, stepping closer to you.

Dear child, Gaea chuckled. You do not belong here.

Then the ground disappeared beneath you.

Screaming, you grabbed onto a ledge, but it was melting away in your hands.

"(Y/n)!" You could hear your group shouting. Leo leaned over the edge, arm extended.

"Leo!" You gasped, reaching for his hand.

Oh, no, son of Hephaestus. Gaea scolded. She's not going back with you. Just as your fingertips touched Leo's, the ledge melted away, and you fell, screaming, into the abyss.

As the light disappeared and the shouts became quieter, a tear drop landed on your hand.