Prolonge

Zianna's POV
"What are we going to do? The pups are going to be born soon and... I can't stay in Dark Moon. Otherwise they'll kill the pups. Garte... What do we do?" I ask my mate as he prepared to go to the treaty meeting at the Peace Tree. He sighed and walked over to me and nuzzled my head. He looked me in the eyes lovingly and laid his paw on my belly.

"You'll join Lunar Stars. Im sure MoonStar won't mind letting you in. She's a very kind leader. The pups'll be safe. I promise." he says and starts to walk off. Before he left I ran to him.

"Wait! I... I want to come with you to the Peace Tree." I say and his blue eyes widened and he shook his head.

"No... Zianna you can't. You never know what's going to happen. Please." he begged, but he knows I won't give up without a fight.

"Garte, please. I've never been to the Peace Tree and I want to be able to be there for such an important event." I beg. My mate sighs and gestures for me to follow him. I hurry behind him, scampering my paws along the grass till we reached MoonStar's den. 

We walk in behind the curtain to find Lunar Stars's Alpha in her human form reading a book. Garte turned into his so I followed.

"Excuse me Alpha but I have a request." Garte spoke up, getting the blue-haired werewolf to look up and find my pregnant self and Garte standing at the entrance. She widens her eyes at my appearance and hurries over to me.

"Oh goodness! Sweetie your glowing!" she compliments. I smile and offer for her to feel the pups. She accepts and feels the twin pups kicking me relentlessly.

"They're going to be such warriors! Congratulations. But Garte... Is she from..." she trails off. I bite my lip as Garte starts to explain.

"Yes... She's from Dark Storm but can she please join us? Of she stays with them they'll kill the twins. Please." he begs. MoonStar sighs and nods. I smile and hug her tight, being wary of the baby bump.

"Your welcome but you can't tell anyone where your from or you'll be judged and I don't stand for that." MoonStar says and I nod rapidly, glad I could finally stay with my mate.

"Thank you so much Alpha. You have no idea." Garte says formally. MoonStar rolls her eyes and smiles.

"No need to be formal Garte. Now we'll be leaving for the treaty soon, are you ready?" she asks. Garte nods and holds my hand tighter.

"Yes but Zianna is joining us. She begged me and I couldn't say no." Garte informs. I blush in my terrible embarrassment.

"Oh. Well that's ok. As long as if a fight breaks out she is sent straight to safety so the pups aren't hurt. Now lets go Garte. You know the deputy has to be there." she says. I smile at the mention of Garte's position. He'd been working hard for it since we met while I had been patrolling for my old pack.

I waddle out of the den and follow Garte and MoonStar down to the treeline of the clearing where most of the pack members slept.

"Garte, are you sure everything's going to be alright?" I ask, changing into my wolf form. Garte had done the same along with MoonStar. He turns his head and nods.

"Of course.  Even if anything goes wrong we'll be able to get you and the pups to safety. I promise." he says calmly. I look in his blue eyes and smile.

"Ok. Just know that I love you. You and the pups." I say and he smiles back.

I pad towards the fallen tree that connected the Lunar Stars pack to the Peace Tree. The air didn't seem right. The spirits were out of peaceful sleep and the animals were in distress.

Cautiously I pad my black paws onto the fallen tree, careful of the rocking of the waves in the lake's currents. I walk carefully across, behind my mate. Once we reach across I fell into Garte's arms out of clumsiness. I felt my face flush red as I raised myself aways against his soft underbelly.

"S-Sorry Garte!"I yelp. He chuckles and licks my nose playfully as he lifts me off of him.
"Its alright Zianna. Now we're almost there. The pups better wait to come until after." he jokes but I know he's serious. If the pups end up coming in the middle of the treaty meeting, I'll be delivering without help and I'll have to be quiet which is near impossible when your delivering pups.

"Right." I mutter, being quiet for the rest of the walk to the Peace Tree clearing.

Once we make it to the clearing the air changed to a freshly cut grass smell as if someone had just taken their claws and cut the grass. I took a deep breath before opening my eyes to the lush greenery that was reflecting the rays of the setting sun as we waited for the first ray of moonlight. I'd never been here before and now I have. Me and Garte'll have one sure of a tale for the pups once they're old enough to be able to train.

I followed the broad shouldered father of my pups towards the main seating outside the base of the sky scraping tree where we sat down and changed into our human form.

I looked at Garte who smiled and rested his hand on my stomach and said "Don't worry Zianna. Everything's going to be alright. I love you." he said before he quickly kissed me and got up to follow MoonStar towards the entrance to the tree. I just hope they'll be alright.

Suddenly a loud blast echoes from the tree, grabbing the attention of all the mixed members of our assorted packs. The flames grew stronger as the wood of the tree fueled its rage. Cries of the many Alphas that were inside echoed from the trunk. I recognized one of the screams that made me almost scream. Garte's scream.

I started to panic and i started to run towards the tree until I was grabbed by the arms and brought back towards the woods.
"Hey! My mate is in there!" I yelped, getting loose of the men's grip for a few minutes.

"Sorry sweetheart. Alpha said to make sure you got to safety if things went wrong." The blond man says as he tries to grip me again. I shake off his attempt and run back into the clearing to where dozens of pups were fighting each other, many from different packs. The sight was horrendous. Hundreds of bodies lay on the ground dead. I gasp at the pieces of mangled fur and the splatters of blood on the once lush green ground. My hands fly over my mouth as I run towards the tree, much to the men who were trying to bring me to safety's dismay. I run into the entrance and up the winding staircase to find my mate, bleeding out and burned badly. I ran toward him and started to lick him to find a pulse. He had a tiny one but that was slowly going out. I panicked and started to shake him, whispering his name. His eyes opened slightly and smiled at me. His hand reached up and cupped my cheek as tears retreated from his dying blue eyes.

"Z-Zianna...I...Im sorry...I want...to be there for...for the pups but... I...I can't..." he whispered. I nodded, I already knew he wouldn't make it.

"Garte...the pups will know all about you I promise. I...I love you." I whispered before I kissed him one last time. As I kissed him, the warmth of his lips faded and he was transformed back into his wolf form with his human necklace laying on the ground next to him. I bent over, tears falling from my eyes that splattered on the ground as I lifted the necklace up and laid it against my stomach. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain run through my body as I collapsed on the floor. My legs were aching and a warm liquid spewed from me, telling me my pups were coming. I ran back out and found celestial bodies of our ancestors forcing the packs to stop fighting. As I ran the last thing I heard before I ran back into the trees was

"There will be no more war. This has to stop."

Finally I reached the pack where I collapsed from the pain as I saw another member of the Lunar Stars see me and rush over.

I open my eyes to a woman who was an elder next to me. I felt a slight tug at my stomach. I looked down to see a blond and a black pup suckling away. I smiled at my newly born pups. Their father would have been proud. 

"Congratulations on the new pups. You have two sons. What are you going to call them?" the woman asks. I smile softly, my motherly gaze never leaving my pups.

"Garroth for the blond and Zane for the darker one. Their father would have wanted that." I say, my tears falling from my eyes. One of my tears lands on the tiny head of Garroth who looked up at me with his eyes opening slightly as he pitifully yelped at me. I chuckle as he goes back to eating. These were me and my mate's pups. They'll know of him. And they'll be the best in the pack. I promise you that.