Ch. 2

Garroth's POV
I already crossed the border. Oh irene...Im so dumb...

I nervously stepped outside the tree line and let my nose peak out for a scent. I sniffed the cold, humid air and my nose scrunched up. Not all scents are likable. I backed up and hid myself in the trees again. Again I heard far off voices. I hunched myself into a crouch, hoping the strangers wouldn't see me.

Closer and closer the voices neared, footsteps accompanying them as well. My eyes traveled back and forth, looking for different features to differentiate the pack from my own. A river wasn't far from where I crouched behind the cloak of trees. So this must be River Way... They aren't that vicious. Maybe they'll have mercy? I thought, giving myself probably false hope as the voices came closer.

Suddenly a paw steps infront of my view, making me jump back. The voices suddenly started shouting about prey or an intruder. I backed up and bolted back behind the trees, causing the patrol to chase after me. I panicked and made a sharp turn, running blind in a territory I didn't know.

"I think he went this way!" the voices traveled, turning and racing my way. I tried to zigzag my way around the trees, tripping over a few surfacing roots as I raced through the maze of the forest till a small ounce of light littered itself my way. I gave no time to my thoughts as I jumped through, only to be met with a set of paws on my back as I hit the hard ground.

"Who are you? Why are you over the border?" a male voice beckoned me from above my back.

"Argh...if you let me up I can tell you." I snapped. My attacker dug his claws into my back and growled, making me grunt again.
"You can talk perfectly fine where you are. Now tell me who you are." The man says threateningly. I roll my eyes and start to speak reluctantly.

"Im Garroth, member of the...the Lunar Stars pack..." I muttered, earning a deeper dig of claws in my seemingly golden back.

"A traitor? Or are you here to hunt us?" the man growled, making blood surge through my body in a panic.

"I-I... I d-didn't r-realize I crossed t-t-the border... P-p-please don't kill m-me! I h-have brothers a-and-" I started rambling but to be cut off by a growl from another voice farther than the one on top of me.

"No one gives a damn about your family! You crossed the border! That has a penalty of dea-" the voice threatened, only for the one on me to cut him off.

"Stop! We aren't like the other packs that kill on sight! If you were like that go join Dark Moon! Im sure they'll like a new bloodthirsty hound! This one seems innocent. I've dug into his back too much, we should help him back to the medic. Then he can go." the man on me says as he takes his claws from my back and climbing off of me, giving me a chance to turn myself around and get a glance at him.

When I did though, I felt a small sense of longing find itself a home in my heart as I studied his features. His fur was a pale brown, a dirty gold. His eyes were a baby blue, almost as if he was blind at a time. I shook my head from my small trance I slipped myself into and jumped up, putting on a tough face.

"Really? Your going to help a border crosser? Why don't you just go ahead and let every bit of prey go to the medic!" the short tempered werewolf nearby cursed. The brown furred one snapped his head in the other one's direction.

"Zenix! That's enough! Im sure Vincent has much more chill than you do right now." He says, turning his head to a black furred one with red markings on his back and glowing red eyes.

"Laurance is correct Zenix, we need to help this werewolf. Even if he's from our neighboring pack, all creatures deserve some sort of healing. Especially if we ever planned on becoming allies with the Lunar Stars pack at the next peace meeting." Vincent said calmly, annoying Zenix even more. Laurance turned his head back to me and turned, showing me his human form. I did the same, showing respect for his honored action. His hair was the same as his fur, dirtied and pale while his eyes glowed a blue aura, his skin a tan. Of course the lunar goddess gave us abilities to turn with clothes on thank goodness.

"Thank you. Your kindness is appreciated." I say, bowing my head a bit.

"Haha! No need to be formal. Are you the Alpha's son or something? Its alright. Im sure you heard already but Im Laurance. Nice to meet you Garroth." he says, holding out his hand. I look at it hesitantly, wondering if it was a trap. I grab it and he shakes it firmly before leading the other two in another direction and gesturing me to follow. I do, earning a glare from the brown one they called Zenix.

"What's your problem?" I asked. He scoffed and turned his gaze off of me. Fine. Be that way.

I rolled my eyes and turned my head away from him, getting a better look at the clearing that the pack lived in.

The clearing was obviously by the river, huts bordering it all around that dozens of pale brown and even a few blue pelted wolves scurried busily between. I marveled at the river, which shimmered like a thousand sapphires lined up and ran in a current. The fish swam fast through the waters, making one have to be agile to catch even one not alone enough for an entire pack. I shook my head and looked ahead at the walkway as Laurance turned a corner.

"Hey! Your not from this pack! Your coming with us!" I heard a voice growl as arms grabbed me and started to drag me across the wet ground. Oh irene Im in trouble. What have I gotten myself into?