One Too Many Interruptions

Chapter 8: One Too Many Interruptions

(Harry’s Point of View)

I wake up with my back pressed against Louis’ backside. So, I turn around so I can face him causing my front to be pressed against his back. I’m practically spooning the guy right now…and I’m more than happy with this position: Especially because Louis looks so lovely when he’s sleeping.

I lean over him to get a better look at his face. He really does look so peaceful while he’s asleep. It’s like he’s in a better place and the entire world’s troubles don’t affect him. I brush some of his hair out of his face and just slowly caress his cheek. A small smile forms on his lips. Am I the reason for that smile? I can only hope. I mean, he’s the reason for the smile on my face right now.

I continue lightly stroking his cheek while he rolls onto his back causing me to be leaning over him completely now. Hell, I might as well be lying right on top of him, that’s how far over him I am. His eyes begin to flutter and I know he’s close to waking up. What do I say to him when he wakes up? Should I move so he doesn’t wake up to me practically on top of him? Should I just tell him that I like him right when he wakes up? I’m hardly through sorting the questions in my head when I see that his eyes are fully open and he’s just staring at me with this curious glint in his eyes.

“What are you thinking of, Harry?” He asks me lightly while examining my face.

Now I have a choice: I can either tell him that I like him now or wait until later today. “Nothing in particular, Lou. How’d you sleep?” I’m going to tell him later. We do have today off, so it’s not like I have to rush into this. Besides, even though I’ve finally decided I’m going to tell him, I still don’t know what I’m going to say. How do you tell your best friend you like them as more than a friend? I mean, it’s hard enough with a girl, but Louis is a guy. There’s a lot more than a rejection at risk. He could stop being my friend. He could be disgusted. He could leave the band, hating me forever. Although I know Louis isn’t the type of guy to do any of that, I’m still worried.

“I slept pretty well, actually. How did you sleep?” He asks me, still looking curious. He probably knows I was lying when I said “nothing in particular.”

“I slept alright I suppose. Did you want to get up or stay in bed for a bit?” I ask him while leaning away, giving him room to get up if he wants to.

“I kind of just want to lie here a bit, yeah?” Lou says while blushing. “We could put a movie on or something then afterwards get up to get food? Unless you’re hungry or something, then we could eat now, or whatever you want.” He says in a rush. He’s always thinking of what I want; it’s really quite sweet and thoughtful.

“I’m good, Lou. Let’s do what you want. What movie do you want to watch?” I smile brightly at him, letting him know that I’m truly okay with whatever.

He smiles slightly at me. “How about Grease?”

I nearly groan. Of course he wants to watch Grease. He’s lucky it’s a good film. “Yeah, sure.” I tell him before leaving the bed to grab the remote and flicking to a movie channel. I scroll through a couple lists and finally find Grease. I select it then crawl back into bed.

“Thanks, Harry.” Louis says while sliding over to me and giving me a hug. I hold him with one hand and bring the covers over me so we’re sharing them.

“Anytime, babe.” I tell him then kiss his forehead. He just smiles brightly at me before turning his attention to the movie, not letting go of me. I smile at this. In all honesty, you would think he’d have figured out that I like him by now. I’m always kissing his head, always finding ways to be closer to him, always smiling when he’s around…in all retrospect, anybody could tell I like him. I make it so obvious. So maybe Louis already knows I like him. If that’s so, and he hasn’t pushed away or anything, then maybe he likes me back. It’s true, he never pushes me away, and sometimes he seems so happy when I do little things like kiss his forehead. So, he could possibly like me. Also, he never seems bothered by me holding him, and sometimes cuddles more into me. He seems really happy to be around me too, and he sometimes initiates the touching, whether it’s hand-holding, or hugs. But, maybe all this is just what he thinks a close friendship is. This could all be just friendly gestures to him, and mean nothing more.