Album #1: A Fever You Can't Sweat Out PT1

Here's a short summary of their first album, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. I will be summarizing it by each song. I will sperate this into two parts.

Yes, that is indeed the album cover. Well, a cropped version. The real one has some clown dude on a picture frame- or a mirror reflecting a chandelier. What ever, look at the picture below and tell me what you see. But the video linked is the full album, so enjoy!

 But the video linked is the full album, so enjoy!

Here's a bit about the whole album itself. It was first released on September 27, 2005 and was labeled as Alternative/Indie. If you wanna get real and here this straight forward, the fandom sums this one up as it's mainly about drugs and sëx. I mean, I guess it's true ¯\_(ツ)_/¯..

Now that that's out is out of the way, on to the review!

Introduction:  only 38 seconds long, this is just some instrumental and about 20 seconds in, you hear the faint instrumental of There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet. Yes, that's actually the name of a song.

The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage: Yep, that's a long title, but not the longest. This song nearly reaches 3 minutes. It's basically about swearing to shake it up and to listen.

London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines: It's a painful 3 and a half minutes. In my opinion, it's kinda about Panic! getting themselves out there and taking the spotlight.

Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks: I guess you can say this is where the "drug" part comes in. It's not my favorite. The whole robot type sound just isn't my thing. Although I am listening to it rn, the middle/end isn't that bad. You can't judge until it's over.

Camisado: I'm not a pro at this, but it's most likely about "you" being in a hospital, duh. I really like this. It sounds way happier than the lyrics.

Time To Dance: I'm not sure how to explain it. Possibly about some sort of shooting, but not shooting. When I say shotgun, you say weddingSHOTGUN!!!

Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off: 14 words, still not the longest. It's pretty much about teens getting it on in the passenger seat. It has a video, unlike the others. The video is basically about a girl "killing herself" over seeing her lover dead. They have fish tanks on their heads, which I assume holds their life. Once she finds him, she dumps everything out of her tank which, I guess, kills her. They ambulance comes and takes them to the ocean and yeah, that's it.

I thought the best place to end part one is with the intermission.

Intermission: once again, just instrumental, but this time it's two and a half minutes long. But it's just what sounds like a piano and a "broadcast" here and there.

That's it for the first half of AFYCSO. I hope you actually commented "wedding" when I said shotgun. If not, well, that's a bit awkward.
~V. H.