Chapter 1: Mal Uncovers the Truth

Mal gritted her teeth in anger as Ben brushed off her idea of bringing more Vk's over, specifically Uma, Harry, and Gil.

“You said yourself that Uma isn't much different from me when I came from the Isle.” She snapped

Ben nodded absentmindedly, more focused on the invitation that lay in front of him from Queen Leah and Princess Aurora.

“They deserve a second chance too Ben!” Her eyes glowed with her barely restrained anger, “Just because you saw the Isle doesn't mean you understand the conditions, you haven't lived there!”

Sighing, he looked up at the girl that had saved his life more than once, the girl he adored, and promptly crushed any hope of her idea happening.

“I know what's best for Auradon Mal, and I know you mean well…” he hesitated, “But you don't understand what anyone needs.”

Mal's anger momentarily turned to shock and hurt before the fury came back in full force.

Her hair crackled with her magic as her eyes began shining brighter than before, “I don't understand what anyone needs?!

Ben flinched as she glared at him, “I know what the people of the Isle need, or do they not count as anyone?!”

Before he could reply she threw a tiny gold object at him; his ring.

Not even Ben's confused and hurt demeanor could qualm the rage that boiled within Mal who snarled before storming out, the door slamming shut loudly behind her.

Mal ran faster than she ever had before, letting her feet guide her actions until she ended up at the ledge of Auradon going towards the Isle.

Panting, she sat down to catch her breath as she gazed at the desolate island with the storm like barrier over it in sadness.

They deserve a chance too.

She had grown up knowing every single person on the Isle, a key component in her ability to call herself Queen of the Isle of the Lost without objections from most.

She could list so many that would love to come to Auradon, she could also list a few that wouldn't like it at first but would have it grow on them.

Names and faces flashed through her mind as she mentally created the list: Harry's icy eyes and manic grin, Gil's oblivious innocence and his happy grin, Uma's turquoise hair and her pride.

They would be the first of many that she'd secure a spot in Auradon.

“You will get your chance,” Mal whispered to the island, hoping they could somehow hear her, “One way or another.”