Chapter 2: Plan of Escape

It had been 5 hours since Mal had made her way back to her room where she immediately began planning how to get to the Isle and back.

Mal groaned in annoyance, “I'm trying to do what no one could in years in one day, never let it be said that I'm not ambitious.”

Huffing, she closed the journal she had been writing in and hid it under her pillow.

She began pacing the room while tugging at her hair; a bad habit from her days on the Isle of the Lost.

Minutes ticked by and she still hadn't come up with anything and just as it seemed she would end up pulling her hair out, she heard foot steps leading up to the door.

She quickly tried to act natural as the door was flung open.

“Hey Mal!” Evie chirped, smiling.

“Hey Evie” Mal said while trying to plaster a convincing smile on her face.

Mal quietly sighed in relief as it seemed that Evie didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

She watched quietly as Evie grabbed some of her sewing supplies before rushing back out of the room.

Mal quickly closed the door and locked it before heading to her closet and pulling out her bag and the outfit she hadn't worn since the last time she visited the Isle, because Ben didn't think a future lady of the court should “look like a thug”.

She kicked off the heels she was wearing and practically tore the dress she was wearing off and replaced it with her VK outfit and throwing on her assortment of belts, rings, and lastly her purple plant splattered boots.

Mal packed necessities only, which included her mother in a box with holes, before grabbing the bag and looking at the huge mirror that belonged to Evie.

Tilting her head, she decided she'd change her hairstyle again after she got back to the Isle.

It’d be nice to see Dizzy again before she came to Auradon Prep the following year.

She snuck her way around until she reached the edge of the water and looked at the purple bike that she had used last time she left.

She looked at behind her one last time before casting the spell and taking off over the water towards the place she still called home.