Chapter Seven

Dinner was a bit awkward for Michael and I. We avoided eye contact as much as possible. Mainly because he knew I was two seconds from reaching across the table and breaking his nose. The boys managed to keep up the proper table manners even though I told them to be themselves. Of course this food wasn't as appealing to me. I preferred fresh blood. I needed to make my aunt feel appreciated though.... There it goes again. The feeling that I'm making a bad choice.

"What's going on with you two? You haven't spoken to each other for a while." Aunt Lucy spoke breaking the silence. "Hm? Oh, it's not important." I spoke up trying to ignore Michael. He scoffed at my reply. "Now I know that something is up." Lucy spoke. I rolled my eyes and stood up. "I'm going to go get some fresh air." "Hun.... Whatever it is we can talk it through. We're a family after all." she spoke. I ignored her and made my way to the door. We weren't a family.... This wasn't real. I didn't belong here.

The truth was that I had no clue how long more I'd be here. I had no clue how much time I had left with my boys. I hadn't the slightest clue. I had to make it count. Without another thought on the topic I stepped out into the cool night. I had sat on the patio for a while until I noticed Sam sitting down next to me. "Sam. I really want to be alone right now." I spoke. He sighed and shook his head. "Do you really though?" he questioned. "Sam." I spoke. "Why can't you and Michael just make up already? What was the fight even about?" he spoke standing up. "Sam, I swear to everything I will drop kick you." Sam pouted and looked around. The door opened and the boys walked out. Paul hugged me close and David glared at him.

"Ooooh.... David is jealous." Paul remarked playfully. "Shut up." he growled before messing with Paul's hair. "Are you ready to go, love?" Marko asked looking at me.

Sam looked at me with his puppy dog eyes practically begging me to go talk to Michael before I left. I turned to Marko. "In a couple of minutes." I replied before smiling at Sam. I then walked into the house. Michael was still sitting at the table all by himself. I pulled out the chair that was next to him and sat down. He looked surprised to see me. "I'm sorry. You were looking out for me and I snapped at you. It's just, when I'm with those boys I feel special. I feel like I'll always be safe with them. I feel like I can do anything. I'm actually happy...." Michael smiled a bit. "Honestly, you're fucking crazy. This is an awful idea because they're vampires and they kill people.... But, you're still my cousin and family is forever. I had no right to snap and I'm sorry."

After the talk with Michael we had gone back to the cave. We were asleep right before the sun came up.

"This is a bad idea guys.... Aren't they supposed to be in coffins?" "That's what this thing is. It's one giant coffin." My eyes snapped open. The sun wasn't down yet but there were some unwanted guests. "We have to stake the leader." a firmiliar voice spoke. It was Sam. "We don't know who the leader is. Let's start with the little one." I saw them slam the stake into Markos heart and he let out a scream. "Marko!" I shouted and flew down to his side. "You're dead meat!" David hissed and flew at the boys.

David came back unsuccessful. The boys had gotten away and taken the lives of one of our own. I tried to save Marko but the stake had pierced his heart and he was beyond saving. I held him in my arms until there was nothing left but bones. David and the others huddled close to me as I cried. We all were destroyed at the loss of our family.

These hunters better beware. We have got a thirst for blood.