Chapter Eight

"I'm going to slaughter them slowly. They are going to pay for what they have done." David spoke pacing around the cave. It was slightly scary. I'd never seen David like this before but it was totally understandable. Dammit... I couldn't think straight. I kept on hearing Marko screaming. I should've saved him. Why am I so useless? David stopped pacing and turned to walk to me. He knelt down in front of me and gently cupped my face in his hands. "Never think like that dollface. He wouldn't want you to think like that." He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead before standing up. "Tonight, we will hunt them down. Bree.... You will stay here." He spoke. "Absolutely not!" "It's not up for discussion!" David snarled. I backed off and nodded slowly.

         It's not like I wanted to listen to David. I wanted to go with them. I wanted to avenge Marko. I would get in the way though. I let out a cry before running my fingers through my hair. "Bree. We're heading out." Paul spoke. I bolted out of the room and hugged them tight. "Stay strong, Lost girl." Dwayne mumbled. With that said, they were gone. 

           I laced up my boots and threw on my leather jacket. Tonight, I would fight with my boys. As I was walking out a growl erupted from the shadows. "Thorn?" I spoke. The dog began snarling and moving forward. It was clear that Max had put her there so I wouldn't leave. I had to leave though. I had to be there with them. The dog charged and I backed into the cave. I managed to dodge her and get past. I sped down the boardwalk. This was going to be difficult since I hadn't fed. I couldn't fly and I didn't want to risk stopping. I had to get there before it was too late.

            "David!" I called once I arrived at the house. There was no answer but I knew a lot was happening. I busted into the house with my face morphed. My heart dropped as I saw David. My face changed back. "No...." I mumbled and bolted over to him. The antlers stuck out of his body and he looked peaceful. I stroked his cheek gently. He still felt warm as if... there was still a chance he was alive. I covered my mouth when I realized that it was over. They all were dead. "I love you guys." I whispered. I heard footsteps behind me and a click. "Don't worry. You'll be joining them soon." I turned around to see Sam. He was holding a bow and arrow. "Sammy?" I questioned "I don't want to kill you Bree.... Leave and this will be okay." "You're really going to let her get away?" Edgar questioned. "Yeah. You guys will let her get away." "Now... this is your last chance. Get out of here and never return." "You wouldn't dare...." I hissed baring my fangs. I let out a cry as an arrow slammed into my stomach. "Please.... don't make me do this." Sam begged. "What about your mom? She'll wonder where I went." "People go missing all the time." Alan spoke.

               "You'll pay for this. Not today or tomorrow. You will pay though." I hissed and bolted out of the door. I ran down to the beach. My fangs came out and I ripped into a mans throat. "Dammit!" I screamed and fell to my knees. I wanted to forget. And forget I would.

             I stood outside the cave staring down at the now empty gas can. I toyed with the match in between my thumb and pointer finger. I lit the match and threw it into the cave. I walked away without looking back and each time I did the flames were growing. I would start over. I would leave Santa Carla until I was ready to return and then I would strike.

A/N: So obviously it's not over! The next chapter will be a short teaser for the next book. I hope you guys stick around. <3