Chapter 1: Life's Starting Up

It's dark. There's voices outside. I've been cramped here for a while, and want to get out. *Crack* I see a bright light, and two figures. They reached down to me. A large gray hand and a smaller green hand grabbed me. I heard a deep male voice, "What are we going to name him?" Then a female voice, "The name we agreed on silly."

9 years later...

"MOOOOOOMMY!!" "Yes Brian?" A gardevoir replied as I approached her. "Can I go see Beatrice?" I asked hoping she would say yes. "Ok, but first bring some water to your father." She said smiling. I got some water and rushed outside. A dusknoir was outside moving rocks and wood, "Here's some water!" I said excitedly. "Well thank you Brian." He said as he took the water. "I'm going to see Beatrice." I said. "Is your mother ok with that?" The dusknoir asked. "Yes dad." I replied. "Ok. Don't be gone too long." He said as I left.

As I walked through the woods I heard something. Being a ralts can be dangerous because you're small and weak, making it easy for predators to get you. I heard it again, but louder. I started to move faster but whatever it was kept getting closer. Before I knew it the thing jumped out in front of me. It was a gothorita. "Beatrice! You scared me! I thought you were a predator." I yelled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I was coming to see what you were doing." She explained.

We started to walk. We were going to an abandoned house we found last year. "So when are you going to evolve?" Beatrice asked. "I don't know. But when I do, I'm going to beat you!" I said as I tried to push her. "Was that a challenge?" She asked with a smirk. "Maybe." I replied. We both looked at echother. Then we attacked. I used confusion but had little effect. Then Beatrice used double slap and I was down. "You can't beat me Brian." She said as she helped me up. "You'll see, when I evolve into kirlia I'll beat you." I said with determination.

We finally reached the abandoned house. Beatrice went in before me. Before I went in I saw a floette with a blue flower go by. She had this unsettling gaze. Suddenly I was tapped on the shoulder, "You coming?" Beatrice asked. "Yeah." I said. "Sooo, what do you want to do?" Beatrice asked. "Chess!" I said excitedly. "Ok, we'll play chess." Beatrice said as she got the chess board. Some time went by. Then... "Checkmate!" I shouted. "How'd you get so good at this?" Beatrice asked with her head on the table, "I play chess with my mom. She's really good at it, and I almost beat her." I explained. Then we put the game away and we went are separate ways.

When I got home, my father was still working on something and my mother was sitting outside watching, "Don't overwork yourself Antonio." Mother said to father, "I won't Laurianne." Father said back. "Oh hey, Brian's back." Mother said as she stood up. "Come here my boy!" Father shouted, "Your mother and I made something for you." My parents were standing next to this weird thing that father was making. "What is this thing?" I asked. "We know you want to beat Beatrice, so we made this to help you train." Father said. "It will test your abilities and help you get stronger, and even evolve." Mother explained. "Can I train now?" I asked. "It's getting late, you should wait until tomorrow." Mother said, " Come and have dinner." "Ok." I said as I walked inside.

The next morning, I jumped out of bed and ran to my parent's room and I jumped onto their bed. "Get up get up get up!!" I shouted. The dusknoir and gardevoir rolled out of bed and went to the kitchen. Mom started the kettle while dad started breakfast. "Can I go train yet?" I asked anxiously. "You should eat first. "Mother said. "And let us wake up." Father said. Mom made tea for herself and dad finished making breakfast. After that we all went outside. "Ok, let's begin training." Father said. I started training. I trained for hours until father said, "Ok Brian, now face me. Let's see what you can do." He punched the ground and kept his fist there, "Attack my arm Brian!" I attacked with everything I had. "Ouch, that's enough." Father said. When I stopped, there was a mark left on father's arm where I attacked. Then I felt weird inside. "S-something's happening!" I shouted. Then I started to glow, my body was changing! When it stopped, mother and father looked at me in amazement. "Brian, you evolved in to kirlia!" Mother shouted in excitement. "Looks like all that work was worth it." Father added. I finally evolved! I can't wait to show Beatrice!

That's the first chapter. I hope you liked it cuz I'm making more soon. Hope you people read it!