Chapter 2: Unexpected Fight

After a good night's sleep, I felt like I could do more than ever before. Now that I'm a kirlia, I stand a better chance in battle. There's no way Beatrice can one-shot me again. "Bye mom and dad!" I shouted as I ran out the door. "Bye sweetie!" Mom said as she waved. I ran all the way to Beatrice's house. When I got there, she was sitting outside drawing in the sand with a stick. "Hey Beatrice! I challenge you to a battle!" I shouted with determination. "Who are you?" She asked. "It's me, Brian. You know." I said confused. "Wait, you evolved!? I didn't quite recognize you. You look so different." She said. "So, are you ready to battle?" I asked with vigour. "You don't even have to ask." She replied.

We stood at opposite sides of the yard, then we attacked! I used confusion but it still had little effect. Beatrice used double slap, but she missed. I used disarming voice. "Hey, you're putting up a better fight now." Beatrice said with a smile. "Well I'm not a little ralts anymore, and you should be paying attention to the battle." I said. Just then, I used confusion. It didn't do much, but it confused her. Beatrice tried to attack but fell on her face. I used disarming voice while she was on the ground. Then she stood up, slapped herself to regain focus, then used psyshock. I teleported to try to dodge it but part of the attack hit me. Next thing I knew, I was hit with feint attack. Yet another battle lost against Beatrice.

The front door on Beatrice's house opened. A hypno and gothitelle walked out. "Beatrice! What's all this noise?" The hypno asked. "Sorry dad, I was battling Brian." Beatrice explained. "Oh, he finally evolved. Isn't that lovely Waldo." The gothitelle said with glee. "Yes it is Julee." The hypno replied. "Can we go for a walk?" Beatrice asked. "To where?" The gothitelle asked. "Just around." I said. "Ok. Beatrice, if you need us we will be at Brian's house." The hypno said. "Ok thanks mom and dad! Let's go Brian." Beatrice said as she grabbed my arm.

We went exploring for a while. We found all sorts of things like weird berries, flowers, and even pokemon. We decided to go into a nearby town. It was small but nice. Then a graveler and a golduck walked up to us. "You kids don't belong here! This town is ours!" The golduck said as he pushed us. "Why don't you two go cry home to mommy and daddy after we beat you!" The graveler said as he cracked his knuckles. "NGRARARAR!" "What was that?" The graveler asked. "Look. It's a little gible! Awww, he thinks he's intimidating us!" The golduck said sarcastically. The gible tried to intimidate the two, but they didn't care. Then the graveler pushed the gible over. "Grrrrah. PAPA!" The gible shouted as tears formed in his eyes.

"So, little graveler and golduck. You like picking on people smaller than you?" A massive garchomp covered with scars stood behind the graveler and golduck, "Why don't I pick on you for being smaller than me!" The garchomp said as he leaned down to be eye level with the golduck. "I-I u-uh.." The golduck stuttered. The garchomp stood up straight. "Let's see what you got! Attack me." The garchomp said as he puffed out his chest. The golduck used aqua tail. The garchomp didn't budge. "My turn!" The garchomp used dragon claw, sending the golduck flying threw the air. "How about you little graveler, do you want to fight?" The garchomp said as he took a step toward the graveler. Then the graveler ran away, grabbing the golduck as he ran.

"Are you ok Guffy?" The garchomp said as he picked up the gible. "Yes papa." The gible replied. "How about you kids, you alright?" The garchomp asked. "Yes we're ok." I said. The garchomp kneeled in front of us. "Name's Bruce." He said as he extended his arm out for a hand shake. "I'm Brian and this is Beatrice." I said as I shook his hand/claw. "Papa, can I play with them?" The gible asked. "Only if they want to." Bruce answered. "I guess he can." Beatrice said. Bruce put the gible down. "This is my son Guffy." Bruce said, "Don't get too rough Guffy." "I won't." Guffy said. "Stay out of trouble kids." The garchomp said as he took off to the sky.

"So what do you want to Guffy?" Beatrice asked. "Dig n' search!" Guffy shouted. "What's that?" I asked. "I play it with my brothers and sisters all the time! You dig underground and look for items, and the first one to bring up an item wins!" Guffy explained. "I don't think we can do that." I said. "Why not?" Guffy asked. "Because gothorita and kirlia aren't ment to dig like gible." Beatrice explained. "Why don't we play hide and seek." I said. "Ok!" Guffy said. It was decided. Beatrice stood by a tree and counted while me and Guffy hid.

Beatrice started searching. I was smart and teleported up high in a tree where she can't see me. As for Guffy, I didn't know. I saw Beatrice under the tree looking around. This spot was great until a spinarak decided it didn't want me here. It sprayed spider silk at me and I fell. Some lower branches caught me. "Are you ok?" Beatrice asked. "Yeah." I said as I got out of the tree. "Have you found Guffy?" I asked. "No. Help me search." Beatrice said. We searched all around but couldn't find Guffy. It was getting late. We were about to give up until we herd snoring. At our feet was a weird spot on the ground. We started digging and found Guffy asleep. "Guffy wake up, we found you." Beatrice said as she nudged him. "You win Guffy." I said. "I win." Guffy said. A garchomp landed near us. It was Bruce. "It's getting pretty late, you kids should go home." Bruce said as he picked up Guffy. "Bye-bye." Guffy said. "Bye." Me and Beatrice said as we walked home.

I hope you're all liking the story so far. I'll try to get the next chapter out a little faster. Bye!