the epilogue

Perrie wiped the tables and shut the door, turning the sign from 'open' to 'closed'.

She had decided to fulfil Jade's dreams.

Not as an artist, because she knew nobody could ever replace Jade. But as a coffee shop owner.

Perrie opened 'she' as soon as she graduated. She took every piece of art Jade had ever created, hanging them on the walls.

She had saved the 'trashed' canvas from the art room and hung it behind the counter. Closest to Perrie.

Fairy lights also hung on the walls. Perrie had very little artistic talent so she found no use in having an art studio, so she hung them in between the paintings. Just like Jade wanted.

Polaroids of Jade also hung from the fairy lights, so that Perrie could still show off her girl to the world.

She also painted a small heart in the corner of each wall.

Perrie had gotten 'i love you.' tattooed in Jade's handwriting. It was on her wrist. The same wrist Jade had held on that day.

The same songs played every day as customers entered and exited the shop, admiring the artwork.

They always told Perrie their thoughts, saying how beautiful they were and asking who made them.

She was always respond with, 'my girlfriends an artist.' and they would reply with a, 'you're so lucky to have her.'

She would usually give them a small smile, before whispering to herself. 'Yeah, I really am."