the phone call

"Hello?" Perrie answered the phone, curious to see who was ringing her during her lunch break. She was sat outside, waiting for Jade to finish her art class and join her. The blonde was excited to see her messy girl covered in paint with a big smile on her face: a smile of accomplishment and pride. Seeing Jade happy made Perrie happy.

It had been two hours since Jade had given her letter to Perrie. Perrie had read it during her free period and her heart melted at the brunette's words. All she wanted to do was kiss her and show her girl off to the world.

"It's Norma, Jade's mum."

The smile that was playing on Perrie's lips at the thought of her creative Jade dropped instantly. The uneasy feeling in her stomach made an appearance.

"Hi Norma."

"It's about Jade..."

There was a silence. An awful silence. A dreading silence. A silence of denial.

"She's gone, Perrie, she's gone. She committed suicide in the school bathroom about an hour ago."

Perrie felt as if her heart had stopped.

A small "Oh." was all she could muster in response.

She felt her whole world had come crashing down. Nothing was worth living anymore. She had lost everything that mattered to her. She was broken.

"Jade left a suicide note. I left it in your locker, she would've wanted you to have it. It said. 'she tastes like apple juice and peach. Keep her safe.' I don't know if that has any meaning to-"

Norma was cut off by Perrie's sobs.

"Thank you for telling me," her voice was weak as Perrie cried, hugging herself as she stumbled over to her locker. Norma had failed to mention the heart drawn in the corner.

Jade's handwriting was beautiful to her. She clutched the note, holding it close to her chest as she sank to the floor, wailing. She curled up in a ball and rocked herself, trying to imagine the brunette comforting her. This attempt of an imagination didn't help the blonde in the slightest.

She took out her earphones, plugging them in and searching for the song. She.

Perrie had never cried harder. She felt her heart breaking. She held the note, her polaroids of Jade, every last memory close to her chest. Close to her heart.

She was lost without Jade.