two |

Numb.

Weak. 

Tired. 

Slowly opening her eyes slowly as her mind began to run once again, a sudden scream rushed past the lips of Yoo Minseo as she stared into the face of a woman peering down right at her. 

"Oh, Minseo! You had me worried! When you suddenly ran outside and collapsed, I didn't know what to do and started panicking before Father carried you back into my room and placed a few acupuncture needles in your arms." 

Unable to move her limbs as the rest of her body was covered, the black-haired woman squinted her eyes as she stared at the five needles in her arms as the wide-eyed woman next to her explained the situation while removing the sharp objects.  

"She should be okay after some medicine and a long rest, Ahro." A voice from the door spoke, "You should leave her alone so that she can remember where she is"

Minseo moved her gaze to stare at the two figures- one being Ahro and the other being an older man, discuss her injuries and series treatment. 

"Look, father. She is waking up!"

"I can see that, Ahro. For now, I would like you to take care of her carefully, because after being missing for many years and suddenly returning out of nowhere, she must have suffered from a lot of things."

"I understand, but could you leave now because I would like to spend some time with her."

The heavy footsteps of Ahro's father were distant as the door was opened then quickly closed. Resting her head back on the pillow as her eyes closed, the feeling of being watched was the only thing keeping her mind awake as she peeked one eye open- immediately catching Ahro's peering gaze. 

"Minseo, how are you feeling now? You collapsed at the market and Sooyeon brought you over, saying that you were acting weird and out of order, and that you were soaking wet. Are you feeling alright--"

"Where am I? Please answer this question." A weak hand grasped Ahro's red and green hanbok, her weak voice interrupting the comment. 

"You are in my father's house--"

"No, not that." Minseo's mind racked through history, "Who is ruling over us right now?" The  woman in white looked back up to Ahro as the latter hesitantly answered.

"K-King Jinheung, but Queen Jisoo is taking his place. Why? Is there something wrong?"

"King Jinheung, Silla, the clothing." A gasp left the weak woman's lips, "That girl's words were true . . ." 

Suddenly jumping up from the bed as if her whole body was healed, Minseo rushed out of the bedroom, stumbling her way past an older man,  busting her way past the entrance door as the smell of grass and the sound of children playing rang in my ears.

Everything around her was too authentic to be fake. 

"Oh my goodness. I actually am in Silla." Hearing Ahro run up behind her, the dazed woman turned around to the hunched doctor, who was deeply gasping for air.

"Y-You sh-shouldn't be running out like that. You could be hurt and doing something like that could make it worse." 

Feeling the female's hands on her shoulders, Yoo Eunjeong- now Yoo Minseo, took in a deep breath before fully believing that she had traveled back in time.

"How is this possible? How is it that I could travel back into time?"

"What are you talking about? You should really get back to bed before anything bad happens."