two

Silence had filled the room, no one being quite sure what to say

Silence had filled the room, no one being quite sure what to say. It was understandable, really.

"Please say something," Alana stood up from the leather sofa, taking a cautious step towards him. "Anything."

"That's impossible," the words fell from his lips quickly, his thick eyebrows pulling together. "You're lying. Why?"

"I am not lying." Her bright blue eyes locked with his, pleading for him to give her a chance. "I can explain everything if you will just listen to what I have to say."

Elijah took a seat where Alana had sat previously, gesturing for her to begin with a wave of his hand. 

"All my life I believed that my father was dead. My mother was Nicola Kingsley, she died a few months ago. Before she died she told me the truth; she told me that you're my father." She studied his fave carefully, watching it soften slightly as her mother was mentioned. "I know you have no reason to believe me but what I'm telling you is true. My mother was barren and so grandmother placed a spell on my mother allowing her to have children. During your stay in France you began a relationship with her. She found out she was pregnant with me soon after you left but she never told you because she knew you would stay. She didn't want to risk you getting caught by your father."

He stared at her whilst she spoke, taking in the details of her face. From the way her eyes sparkled much like her mother's had all those years ago, to the way she spoke which reminded him of himself. There was no denying that she was his daughter.

"How can we be certain you're telling the truth?" Rebekah interjected.

"I'll take a DNA test if that's what it will take. I just – I can't go back to France," Alana ran a hand through her straight hair. "I understand if you don't believe me. I'll just go. Sorry for bothering you."

She stood up and grabbed the worn out duffel bag she had placed on the ground by the leather sofa and swung it over her shoulder.

"Not so fast," he called out to her, stopping her from walking any further. "Your necklace, where did you get it from?"

"My mom gave it to me." The brunette clutched the silver star pendant hanging from her neck as Elijah approached her. "She said this way I would always have a piece of her with me."

"That's the same thing I said to her when I gave her that necklace before I left. Alana, wait." It was the first time he had spoken her name. It sounded comforting coming from his mouth. He grabbed her bag from her shoulder and placed it on the ground next to him. "Why don't you stay a little while. We have much to discuss."

Alana chewed harshly on her bottom lip as her nerves built up once more before she finally nodded, a ghost of a smile on her pink lips.

"I'd like that."