eight

The drive back to the compound was awkward to say the least

The drive back to the compound was awkward to say the least. Not a single word was spoken between them, the radio had hummed at such a low volume that Alana couldn't make out the tune, and she found herself wishing she was anywhere else.

Elijah parked the car and Alana was quick to get out, hoisting her bag over her shoulder as she headed for her room.

He was in front of her in an instant thanks to his supernatural speed, "Not so fast."

"I forgot you were a vampire," the teenager sighed, adjusting the strap on her shoulder. "Can I help you with something?"

"That boy you were talking to today, who was he?"

"Why, are you going to fight him, too?" She raised an eyebrow, letting her father know that she hadn't forgotten the incident with Klaus.

"I haven't set many rules, Alana, because I trust you, and I want you to trust me, but I'm going to have to put my foot down. No boys; not under my roof." The teen opened her mouth to argue with him, only to have him silence her by simply raising a hand before she had even begun talking. "I am your father, I just want what is best for you."

Alana rolled her bright blue eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, "you don't get to make decisions like that. You're hardly even my dad."

She turned on her heel, adjusting the strap  of her bag on her shoulder as she quickly jogged up the stairs.

"Do not walk away from me, Alana!" He yelled after her but to no avail.

Elijah flinched slightly as he heard her bedroom door slam shut. He let out a heavy sigh and ran a hand over his face.

"Lijah?" Rebekah's gentle voice called out to her older brother. "Are you okay? That sounded... intense. What happened?"

"She was with a boy and she got upset when I told her that she couldn't date," he explained with a sigh. "I just ruined whatever bond I had left with her."

"It's okay, Elijah," Klaus spoke up, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder. "I can try to talk to her if you'd like."

Elijah nodded yes, giving him a grateful smile as Klaus headed upstairs to console his niece.

"I don't know what to do, Rebekah." He clenched his jaw and dug his nails into the palm of his hand. "I don't know anything about being a father. She would have just been better off not knowing me."

"Don't say that. I know you're scared, and that's okay," his sister reassured, "she's scared too, and understandably so."

Rebekah wrapped her arms around him, squeezing tightly to reassure him. After a moment, Elijah hugged back, letting the crystal beads slip from his chocolate eyes.

"Everything is gonna turn out okay, I know it is," she whispered as she his back soothingly.

Elijah pulled away soon after, giving the blonde a small smile, "Thank you, sister."