New York

It's 6:00am and your alarm is going off. You reach over and turn it off. You sit up in bed and stretch with a big smile on your face.

You get up and look at yourself in the mirror.

You: You look fantastic as always and today is going to be a great day! God is going to do great things today. Today I will make people happy.  Today I will make myself happy. Today I will strive for the best.

You dance around your room and skip out of your bedroom to your kitchen. When you get down there, you see your parents sitting at the table arguing over something. They see you come down and go silent as you walk by.

Mom: Good morning, sweetheart.

(You and your mom have always been really close)

You: Morning, Mom! How are you guys?

Dad: Fine. How are you darling?

(You usually don't hang out or talk with your dad because he's always busy with work)

You: I'm great! Ella asked me to hang out with her today, is that okay with you guys?

(You and Ella are super close. You basically grew up together in New York.)

Mom & Dad: Yes, have fun.

You: Thanks!

You get yourself some breakfast and get ready for the day. About an hour later, you get a text from Ella.

Ella:
[I'm here babe!]
You:
[Okay! Heading down.]

You go downstairs and grab your purse and jacket. Before you walk out the door, you overhear your parents talking in the kitchen.

Mom: Well then what do we do?!

Dad: I work hard at my company and you work more hours with your fashion line...

Mom: What about y/n?? She needs us there for her.

Dad: She's grown. She has Ella and all her friends at school.

Mom: She needs us!

Dad: Then go lollaby while I make money and you can see how much you enjoy your life without me.

They continue to argue. You start to feel really bad inside and your feelings are hurt. You walk out the door and it shuts loudly.

Mom: Shoot! Do you think she heard us?

Dad: With your loud mouth, she probably did.

They continue to argue.

You get in the car with Ella and tell her all about what happened with your parents. Ella comforts you and let's you know that she's there for you no matter what.

You: Thanks, El. I'm so thankful for you.

Ella: We will stick together like glue, through thick and thin.

You: Always.

Ella: And forever.

You smile at her and you guys enjoy the rest of your day together shopping, eating, doing makeovers, spotting out cute guys, and going out for ice cream.

You: Uhg. My mom just texted me, she wants me home by 8:30pm.

Ella: What time is it now?

You look at the time.

You: 8:00pm.

Ella: Okay, let's head back to your house.

Ella drives you back to your house.

You: Thanks for the ride and for the amazing day we spent together. Love you, El.

Ella: No problem, babe! Love you too, y/n.

You walk into the house and hear your parents arguing in the living room. You run upstairs to your room and shut your door. You start to tear up and you decide to text Ella.

You:
[My parents are fighting again....]
Ella:
[Stay strong, honey. It'll get better.]

You are really tired so you get ready for bed and pass out really quick. You're in a really deep sleep when you hear banging downstairs. You get up and look at the time. It's 2:17am.

Your POV; what the heck is going on downstairs at 2 in the morning!

You head downstairs quietly and see your mom running around packing stuff up in her suitcase.

You: Mom, what's going on? What are you doing?

Mom: Y/n, honey. Go pack your stuff up please. Do it fast. We need to get out of here.

You: Get out of where? Why? What's going on, Mom?

Mom: Out of this town. Out of this state. As far away from your father as possible. We will be staying with my sister (your aunt) in Los Angeles. Please hurry before he wakes up.

You: How long are we leaving?

Mom: For good. We can't come back here ever again, y/n. Now please listen. The uber is on their way here to take us to the airport.

You go to your room and pack up your stuff.

Your POV; What about my life here in New York? What about my friends? What about Ella?? I can't even leave with a goodbye...

You pack up all your stuff and go back downstairs. The uber arrives and you pack your stuff in the trunk.

You sit in the uber and watch out the window until you get to the airport. You and your mom get to the airport and get on your plane. You sit in your seat on the plane and silently cry.