Come Back to Me

Your POV; Do you ever wonder what it feels like to die? Some say you see a light before you go. Some say it's peaceful.

The doctors lost hope and you were declared dead. Until....your heart started again....you open your eyes wide and gasp for air. You have no idea where you are so you start freaking out and the doctors try to calm you down.

Doctor: Shhh...it's okay. You're safe.

You: Where am I? What happened?

Doctor: You were in a car accident. You're in the emergency room now and we are going to help you. Your leg was cut and you lost a lot of blood, and your rib is out of place, but we can help you recover. You also hit your head pretty hard. Can you tell me your name?

You: It's y/n.

Doctor: Okay y/n, what do you remember last?

You: I-I don't know.....I can't remember!

You start to cry.

Doctor: That's okay. Just relax. Y/n, you need immediate surgery for your leg. Can we do that for you?

You: Yeah...

Doctor: Okay, we are going to put you to sleep right now okay?

You: Okay.

They put you under and take you into surgery. Grayson, your mom, and your Aunt Gigi are all out in the waiting room when they see the doctor walk up to them.

Grayson: How is she?! Is she okay?!

Your mom: Is she hurt??

Doctor: She's pretty beat up. She's in surgery right now. She will be out within a few hours, they are fixing up her leg because she got it hurt in the car accident.

Aunt Gigi: Oh my gosh....

Your mom: This is all my fault... if I hadn't gotten so angry with her or if I would have just told her the truth in the beginning, none of us would be here. My little girl would be safe and unharmed.

Grayson: No, this is all my fault. If I would have just looked at my phone while I was editing, I would have been able to reach her and talk to her before this happened to her.

Aunt Gigi: This is no one's fault, okay? She is okay and that is what matters. We all need to be there for her instead of blaming ourselves for this.

Grayson and your mom not an agreement. The doctor looks concerned and looks at you guys.

Doctor: She hit her head pretty hard in the accident, so I do not know what she remembers or how much she remembers honestly. Don't be upset if she doesn't remember you guys right away. These things take time.

Your mom sits down and covers her face with her hands and begins to cry.  Aunt Gigi comforts her.

Grayson: Thank you, doctor. When can we see her?

Doctor: She'll be out of surgery within the next couple of hours. You can see her after that, but she will probably will not be awake for a while after that.

Grayson: Thank you. Really.

Grayson sits down and they all wait for you to get out of surgery. A couple of hours go by and they see the doctor walk up to them.

Doctor: Hello. The surgery went well and everything was successful. She is still sleeping, but you guys can see her now.

The doctors leads them to your room. They walk in and see you lying there asleep. Your mom sits next to your bed and grabs your hand.

Your mom: Oh sweetie. I am so sorry this happened to you.

Aunt Gigi sits on the other side of you and strokes your hair and kisses your forehead. Grayson stands back awkwardly and watches you. Your mom looks at him.

Your mom: Thank you.

Grayson: For what?

Your mom: For taking care of my baby. She was completely safe when she was with you and when she wants with you, she wasn't safe. That shows me she needs you. You're a great boy.

Grayson smiles at her a little.

Grayson: Your daughter is an amazing girl.

Aunt Gigi: She is, isn't she?

They all smile at you. They all hang out in your room waiting for you to wake up.

Your mom: Wow, I'm getting really hungry.

Aunt Gigi: Why don't you and I go get some food?

Your mom: I don't want to leave y/n.

Aunt Gigi: This young man here can watch over her while we are gone.

Aunt Gigi winks at your mom.

Your mom: Okay. Please take good care of her and call us if she wakes up, okay?

Grayson: Of course.

Your mom and Aunt Gigi leave the room. Grayson sits next to you and watches you sleep. He puts his hand on your cheek.

Grayson: You're great, you know that? I know things are hard, but you're one of the strongest people I've met. Any guy would be lucky to have you. Any person would be lucky to know you. You've managed to steal my heart, y/n.

Grayson kissed your head.

Grayson: I just wish I could say this while you're awake....

You: I love you, Grayson.

Grayson jumps and looks at you.

Grayson: You-you're awake.

You slowly start to open your eyes.

Grayson: And you know who I am? You remember me?

You: How could I forget you? You helped me feel alive when I felt like I was dying inside.

Grayson: Oh, I'm so glad you're okay. I need to call your mom and let her know you're awake.

He grabs his phone out of his pocket. You stop his hand.

You: Can we just stay here for a minute? Just you and I?

Grayson: I'd love that.

Grayson lays his head on your stomach. You runs your fingers through his hair. Your mom and Aunt Gigi walk-in. Your mom watches over to you.

Your mom: Oh honey! I am so glad you are okay!

You: Mom! I am so sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it.

Your mom: I know. Me too. I love you so much and I don't know what I'd do without you.

You: I love you too, Mom.

You hug your mom and aunt Gigi. You all talk and hang out for a while. The doctor comes in.

Doctor: There's someone here who would like to speak with you.

You: Okay....

The doctor moves over and someone else walks in and looks at you.

Your mom: How?...

You: Oh my......

Who stopped by for a visit? Find out in chapter nine!!