5. A lie

The foggy glass and the sudden drop in temperatures predicted the coming winter, even though autumn had begun just a week ago. Nevertheless, it had gotten quite cold outside recently and people started wearing warmer clothes. Including one boy, who seemed to be cold from something else.

He was lost in thoughts, calling himself a liar and a loser in his head. After all, he did run away from several serious situations, instead of facing them. He remembered to call himself a coward as well.

A memory, sharp and small, invaded his thoughts for a second and he stopped abruptly in the middle of the sidewalk, almost making a guy behind him fall backwards on to the half-frozen stone.

"What the-watch your step the next time, will ya?!" 

He mumbled some swear words and walked away from the weird guy. 

"Youngsters these days, I swear..."

But that person didn't hear him. He heard no one, nothing at all. Everything was on mute while he walked. He slowly started walking again, not even flinching as it started to rain, his thoughts and memories coming and going.

'So, will you? I really do like you a lot, and you have been watching me...I-I mean-that's what it seemed like to me anyways, but..is it true, perhaps?'  

His face scrunched a bit and a raindrop fell on his nose. 

'Why, I am his girlfriend, of course! And you are...Ah! You mist be his classmate-Jimin-sshi!'

He could still remember that confused and slightly hurt look on the other boys face. 

'You know what? We should send him an invitation too! After all, others from our class promised to come too..'

He closed his eyes and put a hand over them as well, looking up and stopping in his tracks once again. It was still raining, but he didn't see it. The only thing he could see was the memory from two days ago, a memory of a face. 

'Will you love this woman, until the day you die, in happiness and sickness alike?'

'Yes, of course I will.'

But, right now, he couldn't see his lovely wives face from that exact moment. The only thing that came to his mind was that face. The one person, that had been hurt. The one person he had to lie to, even though he didn't want to.

He chuckled, realizing how stupid this kind of a situation sounded.

"Even thought we were both in pain, you seemed more than miserable to me. And I just laughed at your face, basically. I'm sorry."

The falling raindrops mixed with his tears as he suddenly broke, crouching down as a few agonizing screams escaped from his mouth. 

"I'm sorry, Jimin-ah! I'M SORRY!"

Yoongi had lied.

*******

It's a rainy night, the rain knocks on my window,
it hits my heart.
With my sore shoulders, I look at my phone and see a text,
"How are you these days?"
My friend's text gets my emotions going.

The rain stops and the reflection in the puddle;

I see myself looking more miserable today. 

*******