8. I need you.

"Come on! You can't do this forever! Just come out and we'll talk! Okay?"

"No! I can't...Hyung, I'm sorry, but...I can't!"

Jimin decided to go to the bathroom after all, he didn't want to run away from his friends. But it had all been too much for him. All those memories, beautiful but painful, had come back just when they were talking about the solo works of 'Suga'. He had had enough.

And now here he was, with Hoseok outside the stall door, wanting to be there for his friend. Yet all he could do was to listen to him cry and try to stay calm. Others had already moved on to walk in the old school building, he was the only one to stay behind. Well, Yoongi didn't go either, but he had his own place to go to, apparently.

"Jimin...I really want you to come out now. We should just go somewhere quiet and then you can calm down. Please?"

In a few quiet minutes, the stall's door opened and a slightly puffy eyed Jimin walked out, trying to avoid Hoseoks face.

"Okay. Let's go then."

His voice broke a bit and he was speaking pretty quietly, but the fact that Jimin was here and alive was what mattered the most to his friend. But, just as they got outside and Hoseok wanted to ask where they should go, he got a sudden call. They bot stopped dead in their tracks and Jimin stared at his phone.

"I'm really sorry, but this is very important. I'll try to be as quick as I can. Just...go ahead, okay? I'll find you later on and we can go home together today."

Jimin just nodded, walking away and trying to get his mind clear. He had no idea where to actually go and just wandered around a bit, letting his feet carry him to wherever, really. That is, until a familiar stairway came to his vision. For a second, he doubted, but only for a second. Nostalgia and memories were stronger than any fears, plus he doubted that he had actually kept anything up there, since he on his last day of school he came to clean the small upstairs room.

So up he went.

"Wah."

The staircase was just the same, maybe just a bit older. Even the walls were just as dirty as back then, as if time had ceased to exist here, at all. He wandered upstairs, but stopped as soon as he saw the door. He sighed, before pushing down the handle.

"I guess better late, than never."

The moment he stepped his foot into the room, a wave of nostalgia came over him, as he observed all of the things in the room, recognizing even some details, like the broken end of the chairs armrest, or the discolored table top, even the few creases and dirty spots on the floor that were already there back in the day.

He smiled, the ends of his mouth curling upwards as he walked around the room a bit, ending up at an old small table. The smile from before was gone and as he reached to open the topmost drawer in there, his hands were clearly shaking.

It's okay. It's probably all gone anyways. I'm fine. It's fine. Breathe, Jimin, breathe.

He breathed in and out, before finally opening the drawer and looking into it. And just then, he thought that perhaps it really was a bad idea. He shouldn't have come, nor should he have ran outside back then or come up here, or open this drawer. Because what he was now staring at was something he didn't expect to see here at all. He believed, for so long, that it had been destroyed, or at least well hidden somewhere. But, unfortunately not. 

A single tear fell on the slightly yellowish and crackling paper as he quietly read trough it once again. He then closed his eyes, holding the piece of paper to his heart, before calming down an putting on the table. Then, he walked to the old chair in the other corner of the room, near a small broom closet to relax and think rationally for awhile. However, this relaxation session was cut short due to footsteps coming from the stairs down below. He could have sworn the person was humming.

So he did what seemed like the best idea right then and there, and hid in the closet. Just as the person was a few steps away from the door, he suddenly remembered the paper. Chills went down his spine as he imagined a total stranger reading it. What would happen then? Would they tell someone about it and mock him? Or, even worse, would they tell him? Thousands of thoughts crossed his mind and he was about to go and get it, when the door opened.

I was too late. Well, let's just hope it's a nice person then...

And just then, he felt like he wanted to die, right then and there.

Min Yoongi walked in.

***

Jimin felt like at least half an hour had already passed, as Yoongi was just sitting around there, assessing and staring at everything in the room. Just when Jimin thought that maybe he should just step out while he wasn't looking, his eyes landed on the paper.

Please, don't. 

He stood up from his seat, eyes still fixed on the paper.

No. Please.

He walked up to the table, stopping and keeping his eyes on the piece of paper, a confused look on his face. 

No. No! Please!

It was too late, for anything. Yoongi had reached for that paper and was reading it, his confused looking turning into something Jimin couldn't quite understand. As he finished the letter, his left hand fell on the side, paper visible in his fist. Just then, he crumbled it in his fist, the arm shaking.

Jimin quietly fell onto the floor inside the closet, trying desperately to hold back his tears and not to look at Yoongi, or the paper in his hand.

I'm so sorry, hyung. You probably hate me now.

He quickly wiped away the tears the best he could, trying to not be so pathetic, as he was.

Right?

However, something surprising happened just then, something that made Jimin stand up way too fast and fall out from the closet. All of this, because of just a few words he said.

"I'm sorry, Jimin. I was wrong. 

I was blind."

******

I'm sorry.

I love you.

Forgive me.  

******