[4]: Bargain

"Just take my hand, and I'll help you become stronger..."

"I'll do it. As long as I can become friends with... Kacchan again..." Izuku said with a yawn. 'I'm... feeling tired..?' He held the stranger's hand. 'I should... rethink... th-' The green-haired boy dozed off in his thoughts. His energy was mostly gone already from Recovery Girl's healing. All Might and Eraserhead ran into the office as Izuku disappeared into a portal in the stranger's arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mm... Where am I..?" Izuku felt that his body had completely healed. Surprised, he tried to move his limbs, but saw that he was restrained to a chair. "L-Let me go!" The boy knew that he shouldn't have gone with that villain. 'But then again... He would've taken me by force anyways...' He looked around and saw that he was in a bar. Or at least, something that resembled a bar.

"The newbie's awake!!" A shrill, excited voice rang out from the corner of the room. The voice belonged to a blond girl, who ran over and analyzed Izuku's features. "At least you look cute..." Shigaraki walked into the room, along with Kurogiri, the stranger who took Izuku out of Recovery Girl's office.

"I should've known that this was a trap... W-Why did you want me here..?" Izuku looked fearlessly into Shigaraki's eyes. "Well... Your skills in the fighting tournament were impressive. Except for that last round..." His voice sounded familiar to Izuku. "It... It was you! You were that hooded guy that gave me advice!" The boy struggled against his restraints even more. "Just let me go!"

"But don't you want to become stronger? To save others?

Izuku's furious expression softened. "Well... I guess- B-But you're villains! You're the ones who're against saving people..." The villain chuckled. "But we just want to make this world a better place... Most heroes don't even save us when we need the help..." Shigaraki paused, seeing that Izuku's composure had faltered. "All Might would've saved you by now... But he didn't, did he?" Izuku shook his head, yelling, "They'll come here soon. I just know it!!" 

"This is going to be harder than I thought... Inject the serum, Kurogiri." The purple misty villain walked up to Izuku with a syringe, filled with blue liquid. "N-No..! Keep that... KEEP THAT AWAY FROM ME!!" Izuku thrashed against the chair restricting his movements. The boy let out a loud scream as Kurogiri injected the serum into the side of his neck. "P-Please... Stop..." He tried to stay awake, but the serum's affects on Izuku forced him into a heavy sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

I-I remember this...

Izuku's life flashed before his eyes. He saw a moment where he and Bakugou were friends. Before he got his quirk. Then, time sped up to when Bakugou humiliated him and told him to swan dive off the school building.

Why am I thinking about these things..?

The heroes vs. villains training. He and Uraraka were put against Bakugou and Tenya. "'Deku' means that 'I can do it'!" Bakugou wanted to kill him. Or at least severely injure him. All Bakugou wanted was for him to die. So that he wouldn't be in the way of being the best. 

"If I don't hit him, he won't die!" 

Bakugou... He could've won the whole battle if he used the capture tape on Izuku. But all the hot-headed boy wanted was to use him as a punching bag.

He... He hated me... He treated me like a toy... I hate- No... What am I thinking?

Izuku was in a state of confusion. He never hated Bakugou. But why are these thoughts interfering with his true emotions? Despite his desire to stop thinking about the past, the events kept flashing before his eyes. Then Izuku saw that moment when he and Bakugou clashed with each other. He got knocked unconscious and sent to Recovery Girl. 

After that, Izuku saw Bakugou's face after he and Uraraka beat him. His pride... All he wanted was to be the best. Even if it meant abusing the one person who looked up to him. Izuku's thought process changed, and this feeling of hatred arised in him.

I'm not supposed to... feel like this... I d-don't hate Kacchan...

Izuku's personality finally broke when he noticed something that he hadn't seen before. His memories had jumped to when he got beat up after he got a victory over Bakugou.

That face... But I thought he was angry... 

He actually... enjoyed it..?

Bakugou was wearing a sadistic smile as he attacked Izuku. Izuku could feel his pain from the memory, and he finally snapped.

Kacchan...

The memories kept looping over and over in Izuku's head. After fighting his own mind to stop thinking about those memories, he soon gave in. 

Unbeknownst to the boy, Shigaraki was planning to drive him insane. The serum makes the victims' worst memories play over and over in their head. It also changes the key features of their personality, driving most of them insane.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"PLEASE STOP!!" Izuku woke up. In front of him was Shigaraki and Kurogiri. "Now do you see the truth, Midoriya Izuku..?" The boy looked at Shigaraki. "...All Might never came for you, did he?" The crestfallen boy's ideals stayed intact. "I'll never join you. NEVER!"

"Your spirit... It hasn't changed. The serum didn't... work... HOW?!" The man slammed his fist onto the table next to him. "Kurogiri... Inject more serum into the boy.

"As you wish." Kurogiri approached Izuku with a syringe. "More serum for you." Izuku released a loud shriek as he fell to sleep once more.

~
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I'm on writers' block, but I promise that the next chapter will be better! Thank you! :D