Stage 1: Calm Before The Storm

Todd, please get off of that computer of yours and do the dishes" A woman said sternly.

Todd did not move a muscle and clicked away on his computer in his messy bedroom.

"Alright, mom!" Todd yelled.

He was on this new social media site that of his friends were on. Todd needed to fit in so he would survive his sophomore year.

"Todd! This is the third time saying this! Get off of that computer and do the dishes!"

"Okay! Okay! Hold on! In a second! Todd responded.

This new social media is in the meat pile of the rest is called Oxen, a social media to post anonymously. Everyone's usernames are usually "Anonymous" followed by a randomly generated number.

"Todd could you please come down here! The water is getting cold!" Todd's mom repeated.

Todd slammed his laptop closed and rushed down the stairs into his kitchen.

"Finally," Todd's mom gestured her hands to Todd's filthy body and his messy, semi-long, brown hair. "the hermit emerges from its cave."

"In the flesh," Todd responded

"You need to cool it on that bull website,"

"It's an Oxen, not a bull," Todd corrected.

Todd's mom gave him an intimidating glare."

",or a bull-you-know-it-could-be-anything-I-mean-it-kind-of-looks-like-a -bull," Todd fast-talked.

"Your grades are dropping too, you do realizing?" Todd's mom said "Specifically your math,"

"I'll get a tutor. I know someone in school who can help me,"

"You can?" Todd's mom questioned

"Yeah, uh I have this friend in AP that can help," Todd lied," He is-uh- probably fine with help me with homework and stuff,"

"Go to bed now, you need sleep, I can see those bags under your eyes from a mile away," Todd's mom patted his back and Todd head his way up to his room.

Todd woke up and immediately opened his laptop to go on Oxen. The site was filled with new updates overnight. Mostly cat pictures, 11:11 make-a-wish pictures and such. Todd did not bother with that stuff, he wanted the juicy drama that's floating around the school and he knows that if one little thing goes around the school whether be on Oxen or at school, it would surely be circulated through the entire school.

Todd got ready for school and walked out of his house and was met by a medium height, same grade, long brown haired girl. Her name was Naomi, Todd's girlfriend since 7th grade. She lived nearby and walks with him to school.

"Guess what?" Naomi asked Todd,

"What?"

"I got moved to Mr.Benson's English class."

"You're kidding!" Todd yelled.

"I am not, I got bumped up!" Naomi said excitedly

"You are going to finally experience the "Benson Experience,"

Naomi chuckled."Didn't you get grammar cookies? And punctuation cake?"

"Yup!" Todd boasted.

They were coming close to the school. The name's Thompson High School. It's so old that Todd's dad says that his grandfather went to Thompson High School. It was a pretty big school of about 1,230 kids in the school.First period was in a few minutes so Todd went to Naomi's locker. The bustling hallways made it almost impossible to go to either direction. The crowd almost engulfed Todd. Nevertheless, he got to Naomi,somehow.

"You ready for Mr. Benson's class?" Todd asked to Naomi.

"Well, I mea- have you heard what brya - and 'cause i have this thing goin- I just cant believe him, he is such an a - so i guess." Naomi said.

The conversations going on adjacent to them was bleeding into their's.

"Mhm, i see." Todd lied.

As he said that, the bell rang and the crowd's current got faster. Naomi and Todd only had to walk a few feet to get to Mr. Benson's class.They walked into his room, they got blasted by a sweet scent. Mr. Benson obviously saw their surprised faces.

"It's the candle my wife gave me," Mr. Benson said almost reading their minds.

Everyone has taken their seats, but their were still mumbling to each other, conspiring what "prize" Mr. Benson is awaiting to give.

"So before i get to the lesson, i know all of you are anticipating of what treat i'm gonna give to you today, so just so you're not anxious in your seat, I'm gonna show ya', and then i'll get with my lessons,"

Mr. Benson said.He bent over under his desk to get a giant bag and plopped it onto his paper-ridden desk.

"Today, we got..."

He then pulled out a finger puppet,

"Poet finger puppets!"

The entire class roared in cheer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The class bell rang and everyone left Mr. Benson's class, grinning ear to ear, playing with their finger puppet.

"Which one did you get?" Todd asked Naomi while at the doorway of Mr. Benson's classroom.

"Robert Frost," Naomi responded, "What about you?

"Edgar Allen Poe,"

"How?" Naomi exclaimed, "I thought that got snatched at the beginning of the distribution."

"I traded with some kid," Todd answered.

"Nice"

The hallways were filled up again and conversations were booming.

"So how was your 'Benson Experience'?" Todd asked Naomi in the bustling hallways.

"Well, I mean if there cou- Did you hear what that guy on Oxe -and like if i should raise my ha- he was gonna go to his house - but the puppets were kind of cool exc- skull Anonym -the knitting on it is pretty cr- wow, but Mr. Benson is so nice, how could he do tha -they cut to low to the knuckle. I don't know what I'm talking about,I mean, what do you think of them?" Naomi asked.

"I wonder what they meant" Todd asked himself...