Stage 3: The Reward

Oxen continued as normal, kind of. Traffic on the site was very light and slow. Many didn't risk being one of Skull's targets by posting on The Oxen. Speaking of Skull, he posted a video siting in a room with white walls and nothing to give away his address.

"Hello, Oxen!" Skull said in a giddy voice, " I see you know me very well, and if you don't, be afraid. My name is Skull, and you might know me for the research I've done on your very nice teacher, Mr. Benson. Now, you might not know, your wife,well, let me be more specific, your first  wife doesn't know about your frisky affair of yours. And I don't think you want me  to break the news to her. So what your gonna do is answer the emails I have sent you, and you're gonna comply to whatever i want from you. Because you messed up, sir. Toodles!"

Todd was shocked of what he put. His phone vibrated, Skull.Anon@gmail.com has forwarded an email . It was the email that Skull sent to Mr.Benson; his request.

Hello Mr. Benson,

I, from The Stampede, have requested you to watch this video that i have linked.

Now i am speaking to you and assuming you have watched the video. Your heart is racing about what request i am asking. I request you give me 1,000,000 US dollars to my Paypal that i will send to you in another e-mail, this "fee" will give you clearance until we ask for another request from you. And for you, my sweet oxens who I forwarded to. I am going to split this money to all 20 of you. All of you will receive 40,000 each. And for you Mr. Benson. Watch yourself.

Todd turned off his phone as it vibrated again.

"$40,000 has been transferred to your account."

"Oh my God, Oh my god, ohmygodohmygodohmygod! Holy crap!" Todd shouted

Tod was struck to the request actually coming. He didn't know what to do with the money, the only thing racing his mind was "Don't tell Naomi!". But the second thing that came across his mind was "Shopping Spree". He spent his entire weekend at the mall buying stuff. New computer, latest smartphone, and something for Naomi.

Todd woke up, and didn't regret any purchases and still had a chunk of change left in his pocket. He got ready and walked out the door. Just the person he wanted to see, Naomi. 

"Hey, babe," Todd said.

"Damn, you're never this happy on a Monday morning." Naomi said,

"Well, I got a raise on my allowance and i got you something," Todd replied

"New boyfriend, new boyfriend, new boyfriend, new boyfriend," Naomi prayed out loud.

"Shut up, or else I'm not giving it to you,"

"Alright, alright show me already," She said impatiently,

Todd pulled out a golden necklace out of his pocket.

"24 karats," Todd said as he put it around her neck.

"Oh my god, its beautiful. Thank you!" Naomi said before proceeding to kiss him.

They came up to the school and parted ways to get their lockers.

"Great, Mr. Benson's class," Todd said to himself.

He walked to his classroom and took a seat in the front. Naomi then came him, staring at her new necklace, and sat down next to Todd. Everyone in the class waited in the class for a few minutes. Then, Mr. Benson came barging in, stumbling, tie undone. 

"Sorry, had a little trouble at home today," Mr. Benson said. "Turn to 428, read chapter 48,"

Mr. Benson did his whole shtick will contemplating life on his desk, but instead of leaving his started a monologue.

"Okay, I think you guys are the only ones i trust on this.  There are these people who took a million dollars from me, if you know anyone who is called Skull, please tell me because i need to rep-"

The secretary of the school came barging in.

"Um, sir, some people want to see you."

"Can they wait?" Mr. Benson replied, "I'm kind of in the middle of something,"

"Yes, I think they ca-" The secretary said before turning around and looking back to Mr. Benson with a scared look in her face.

"No-no-no-no they cannot wait, sir," She said nervously.

Mr. Benson walks out and and closes the door behind him.

5 minutes go by, 10, minutes, 15, 20. The bell rings and Mr. Benson doesn't come. Todd walked up to the door, opened it, expecting Mr. Benson still talking to whoever was there, but the hallway was empty. The rest of the school started flooding into the halls. Where did Mr. Benson go?

The end of the day came by super fast, Naomi and Todd started walking home, until Naomi broke the silence.

"That was pretty weird, with Mr. Benson disappearing and stuff," Naomi said,

"Yeah," Todd said vaguely.

"What? Nothing else to add onto?" she asked

"No." Todd responded.

"Okay," 

Silence yet again filled the air.

"Thanks for the necklace by the way," She said looking down at her chest.

"Yeah, I like it," Todd said, avoiding eye contact.

Todd and Naomi were coming up to Todd's house,

"Well, this is my stop," Todd said to Naomi,

Naomi hugged Todd.

"See ya'," She said waving him goodbye,

"Bye," Todd responded 

Todd walked into his house and immediately ran up to his room. He opened his laptop and saw he got one e-mail. Skull e-mailed him something, a video. Todd clicked on the video.

"Oh hello there oxens!" Skull said through his skull mask. He was sat in a big computer chair.

"I've got something to show you,"

Skull got up from his chair and rolled it to the side so his webcam can see a man in a white, damp tank top, arms tied behind his back, on his knees, and a black sack over his head. The man is trying to struggle his way out.

"Oh don't try to struggle,honey" Skull said as he punch the man in the face through the sack,

"Lets let the world see your face," Skull pulled off the black sack,

"Mr. Benson," Skull remarked.