Stage 2: The Spark

Todd went home like normal, he hadn't found a tutor for math. He was lying so he would get out of the conversation and that isn't helping his math in the slightest bit. He walked into his house to his mom cooking dinner."Grilled chicken for dinner!" Todd's mom said to Todd walking in Todd ran up into his room and opened up his laptop and went on Oxen.The website was nearly empty. No new updates on Oxen, just one post that shocked the entire Oxen community. It was a 30 second video. The video was in the middle of the night and showed a familiar face kissing a woman as the woman walks into her car. Once she drove away walked into his house and kissed another woman that was in the house. He walks into the living room where the window was open. It was clear that he was putting a ring back onto his finger. Todd looked at the title and it said:

"Mr. Benson in an AFFAIR??!! by: Skull_Anonymous."

"That's what they were talking about," Todd thought to himself. " who was 'Skull_Anonymous?"Everyone had the name Anonymous but he's never "Skull"_ Anonymous.Todd scrolled through the comments, trying to find an explanation.All he found was one comment that was by Skull that read:

"I am Skull_Anonymous, I run a group called The Stampede. We are a group of three but will grow in number. Come to the auditorium when all students have left. DO NOT TELL ANYONE!"

~Skull

"This is a time for me to get to the top! I've never been a big publicity and this is my chance to, The Stampede will provide me the social help i need!"Todd said to Naomi walking to school.

"Look, I don't know, Todd. This may go bad; i sense it, babe." Naomi said concerning.

"How? It makes people scared! It'll make be higher than them," Todd said maniacally.

"But that's how bullies are formed, thinking they are higher but are hiding their flaws with their arrogance" Naomi responded.

They arrived to the ancient school and the school went like normal, except of one problem. It was oddly quiet.No one talking to each other, no gossip, nothing. The eerie noise of lockers closing and opening and footsteps fill Todd and Naomi's ears as they walk down the hallway, holding hands.Naomi was trying to figure out to why it was so quiet, then Todd realized; first period, Mr. Benson. The bell rang and everyone rushed to their classes. Naomi and Todd were the only ones walking slowly, confused till they were the only ones in the halls. Naomi read the distressed look in Todd's face.

"Is this with that skull crap?"

"He shut them up." Todd said in disbelief.

Naomi and Todd walked into Mr. Benson room and everyone was silent. Scattered giggles were heard, followed by the pointing at Mr. Benson. Mr. Benson was obviously not himself. His hair was not showered, tie loose, wrinkled polo shirt and bloodshot eyes.

"So, uh," Mr. Benson said groggily, "Turn to,uh, page 357 in your literature books and read chapter 46, quiz tomorrow."

Everyone got out their books from their book bag, many blowing dust off the cover since they have not used it that entire year. The mid-fall breeze messes with Mr. Benson stares into nothing, contemplating life . The silence fell on everyone. It has never been this quiet in this room, always laughter and cheers of joy or their new prize to help them learn literature. Mr. Benson broke the silence by him slamming his fists on his oak desk, splitting the wood.

"Uh, excuse me," Mr. Benson said while storming out of the room, slamming the door. The noise startled the class and echoed throughout the halls.

The bell rings. Most students are asleep. Mr. Benson is still not in the classroom. Everyone was hesitant to leave. One brave soldier left and nothing happened so everyone left in result. Naomi was mesmerized by what had happen. Todd knew exactly what happened and who caused it.

"What. Was that about?" Naomi asked,

"I-I don't know, that was super weird," Todd lied to Naomi. 

He had to, to keep their relationship stable.

"Man, I hope it's not like that everyday," Naomi said in a sigh

"Yeah," Todd replied.

Lunch time comes around and Todd looks for Naomi while holding his school lunch that taste like cardboard. He finds her standing with a group of her friends, she is holding her lunch tray but not touch. Todd taps Naomi's shoulder.

"Hey, you wanna sit somewhere?"

Naomi gets startled."Oh Jesus! You scared me! Um, yeah sure. Let's sit. Ummm-" Naomi said.

"Court-"

"Courtyard!" Naomi exclaimed, "Yes, I love the courtyard!

Todd took Naomi's lunch and carried their lunch to a bench behind a ceramic fountain and a clear view of the giant windows leading to the cafeteria, the vines lining the windows.

"So there's this club going on after school," Todd said to Naomi.

"Ooo, what club?" Naomi asked.Todd knew if he said The Stampede, she wouldn't like that idea.

"Chess," Todd said.

"You like Chess?" Naomi asked, "You always hated Chess,"

"Well, I mean I got a new perspective off of it," Todd replied.

"Well I guess I'll have to play with you some tim-" Naomi said before being cut off by the yell of a kid who is standing on one of the tables inside the cafeteria. Everyone went quiet.

"Stampede will prevail!" the kid shouted, muffled by the glass. He then sat down and everything went as normal.

"Okay, nope, nevermind,now this is getting weird," Naomi exclaimed. She stormed off to dump her tray in the garbage.The bell rang. 

It was the end of the day. Todd walked out of class and headed to the auditorium. He sees other kids also head to the auditorium. Waiting at the doors in the auditorium were two big guys with a bandanna covering their face while also holding a pile of bandannas. They handed off bandannas to the kids walking in. Todd assumed to cover his face as well. He got handed a bandanna and covered his face with it and walked in. The bandanna had a slight marijuana smell. He knew he got into something he might of not wanted to be in. There were two dozen kids with bandannas sitting in the front, many others scattered across the auditorium. One man wearing a skull mask and all black clothing walks to center stage.

"Well!, Skull said, sounding like a middle aged man. "Big crowd huh?"

"So, uh where do i get started? Well, my name is Skull and you will refer to me as Skull. I will wear this mask to preserve my anonymity. We will meet here, after school, every week on Fridays. Now our agenda. Next week. We will get what we want,

"The entire erupted in cheer. The cheer kept on going for a few seconds."Alright, settle down, guys, settle." Skull said to the cheering crowd.

The crowd settled and Skull continued.

"I like your enthusiasm!," Skull said, "Now, what are we gonna do?"

A kid shouted from the back

"Burn the entire school down!"

"Oh hoho," Skull chuckled, "Not yet, kiddo. We're gonna have to an act to leave a footprint on this shit hole."

"Like what dumbass, " Another kid shouted,

"Like," Skull said," A small blackmail,"

Scattered applause is heard around the echoey auditorium.

"We can't get whatever we want if there aren't any stakes," Skull continued. "Alright, dismissed, I will follow up on Oxen, go home, get some rest, tomorrow,"

Skull Chuckled.

",will be fun."