»Overworked - TFA Bumblebee x Reader«

»Requested by: A very thirsty, TFA Bee loving me.

»Warnings: None.

»Imagine: Bumblebee listening to your newly formed troubles and offering a shoulder to lean on.

----

Your eighteen year old self shuffles into the Autobot base, feet dragging on the ground like you had no energy to pick them up. Work keeps draining your social life, your parents nag at you to do all the chores while they go out to party, and to top it all off, you have to live in an old apartment building because your house was destroyed during the Autobots' battle with Starscream over the AllSpark. In other words, you felt a little empty inside; depressed and overworked. Being an adult sucks. Life caught up before you were officially ready.

"Oh, don't look so glum, (Y/n). We get to see Bumblebee and the others today!" Sari, the little girl you babysit from time to time and your best friend, skips behind you.

"I don't know why I should be excited about it, Sari. You forced me to tag along when I didn't want to." You roll your eyes and scoff, hiding your exhausted plastered face under the strands of your hair.

She scoffs back, flipping the dark red bangs out of her face and presses her palms to her hips. Her lips tip into a smirk while you quirk a brow in confusion at her odd behavior. "I know that was a lie that just came out of your mouth. It's obvious you like Bee, seeing as your eyes always light up when he is around."

A narrow of your eyes and the purse of your lips, you reach out and yank on her piggy-tail with a tight fist. You didn't need to be teased right now. She didn't know any better, she didn't know about your predicament at all, but you still couldn't help the feeling of rage bubble up into your chest. With a loud yelp, she latches her tiny hands onto your fist and tries to get you to release her hair.

"Ow, ow! Let go, (Y/n)!" Sari shouts, her eyebrows furrowed together as she pries your fingers backwards and away from her red locks.

When you finally let go, it was already too late. The others had already seen the spat between you and Sari. Optimus, along with Bumblebee and Bulkhead, come strutting up with curious optics. Ratchet and Prowl didn't care enough to come and investigate the noises of a screaming child.

"What seems to be the trouble here?" Optimus crosses his arms and peers down at you both.

Sari immediately runs to Bumblebee with frantically waving arms. "(Y/n) pulled my hair and I have no idea why!" She hides behind Bumblebee's pede, peeking out with darting orbs.

Bulkhead sends a look to Bumblebee, both of them shrugging at the other. Optimus kneels down and gets up in your face, his seeming very irritated at your actions. You didn't blame him for looking so upset. The way you handled things wasn't very mature.

"What is going on with you? Is something wrong?" He tilts his head with an optic ridge raised.

That was the first time anyone had asked you what was wrong. It felt good to know someone cared, even if you had made a big commotion for them to notice your struggle. You hang your head, the tears welling up in your eyes. Everything in you was trying was screaming to let it all out but you didn't want to let it all out in front of your friends, or your developing crush on the small scout.

"I think I'm going to head home. Sorry, Sari." You murmur, lifting your hand to wipe away the tears that threatened to spill. As much as you wanted comfort, being a burden was the last thing on your mind.

Before anyone can object, you turn on your heel and leave the base with a sprint in your step. Sari watches you retreat and lets out a fierce battle cry, trying to push Bumblebee in your direction.