Chapter 2

Running. I'm running silently. Why am I running though? I don't know myself. I just found myself running... I couldn't control my actions. Wait... I can see. In this dream I can actually see. I see the woods, it's scary...

It was dark... Dark as black. My breathe is so heavy... It's so cold... I feel tears coming from my eyes. "Child, halt... I will not hurt you..." speaks a soothingly deep voice. I obey, halting when I'm about to run into a tree.

I feel someone pick me up. The person turns me around and I gasp. I look into the invisible eyes of the infamous Slenderman. He placed a kiss on my forehead and I then woke up.

I was in cold sweat. Drenched in the stuff. "Aaaaannaaa..." I heard my name called. I looked over to Ashley, she was sound asleep. "Aaannaa..." it sounded like the wind. My eyes gleamed as I entered a bit of a trance...

I got out of bed and walked out of the orphanage, unseen. I walked into the woods and smile. I then feel a slice at my cheek. I touched my cheek to feel liquid. I put my finger in my mouth to taste... blood.

"Go to slee---" "Leave her alone, Jeffery..." the same soothing deep voice from my dream said. Was that... the Slenderman? "But she's only a petty little kid!" he growled. "She's 15, you're 17, not much of a difference, child..." the voice spoke.

Was the voice... the Slenderman? The creature I feared the most? "Why are her eyes closed though? Want me to burn her eye lids so she will open her eyes?" the Jeffery person started to laugh crazily as I felt a blade against me skin.

"No, she is blind. Even if she lacks eyelids, she will not be able to see..." the Slenderman spoke. "Then why can't I kill her? She's just a blind idiot!" Jeffery growled. "Actually I'm simply not an idiot. Mr. Jeffery, you should know I'm right in front of you, behind you, or next to you. It is rude to speak of someone like that when they can hear you..." I spoke politely.

"ANOTHER POLITE TWIT?! Let me kill her, Slendy!" Jeffery hissed. I felt myself being picked up. "No..." Slenderman said softly. "Drop her and let me stab herrr!" Jeffery sounded quite angry. His lust for blood surely is quite strange...

"JEFFERY WOODS. Stop your need to kill her. Kill someone else. I called her for a reason, and she's coming to the mansion..." Slenderman seemed a bit angry too... What mansion is he talking about? I wonder.

"Fineeee..." Jeffery growled. I then felt cold air. "Did you have to teleport?" Jeffery asked. "Yes..." Slenderman sighed. "Mr. S, why is there a girl on your shoulder?" a childish voice asked the Slenderman, she sounded around 8...

"Because I need her for a bit of experiments..." he said. "Experiments?" I questioned. "Yes, I need you for them because you're a mortal. Some of them are for the blind, and you are blind... You are the perfect mortal for it..." he said, softly.

"Can I have her kidneys?" I heard yet another male voice. "No... She needs those..." Slender sighed. "Now, Jack... Do you know a room you can take her to?" he asked one of the boys.

"Yeah..." the boy who asked for my kidneys replied. "Take the child there, will you..." he said, setting me down. "And hold her hand in case she accidentally gets a bit lost... She might get killed by one of the others..." Slenderman said, and I felt his presence was lost. Probably teleported away.

I felt someone take my hand and I got dragged, but I stayed on my feet. I walked with Jack was it? Well, I think his name is Jack. "So... You're name is Jack?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. I hate awkward silence...

"Yes, I'm Eyeless Jack. Call me Jack or EJ though... What about you?" he replied. "I'm Anna Lean..." I spoke softly. "People will visit you in your room... Bye..." he said, showing me how to get into my room without running into the door.

I closed the door and sat on my bed. I wonder why I must be here. Why had I been chosen...?