Chapter 6

Oli and I had already completed the mile trek to my apartment. While doing so, we talked and learned more about each other. Turns out, we both have much more in common than I originally thought. And by the time we'd finished, we were talking and acting like we've been friends for years.

I'd never before talked or acted like this, this friendly. I'd never needed to. I'd never intended on creating friendships during my time down on Earth, in fact my goal was to have the least amount of human interaction as possible. Mainly because I don't have the best social skills a person could have, but also because I didn't want to meet someone that would cause me to want to stay down on Earth. Although I have a feeling that Oli and I are not only going to be great friends, but I also feel that he'll help with my quest tremendously. I don't how, I don't know when, but he will.

"So let's see this apartment of yours shall we?" Oli slaps his hands together in excitement as he speaks those words. I forcefully shove the key into the smooth lock on the door. I twist the key and with a click, the door is unlocked. I open the door and gaze around my temporary home.

The walls were painted bone white. A gray two-person cotton couch sat against a wall. A 42" TV mounted on the wall in front of the couch. To the couches right, a huge glass sliding door that leads to a balcony. To my right was the kitchen. Oak cabinets lined the walls, a stove and sink below two of them with counter space as long as the cabinets. The tiled floor of the kitchen glistening clean. To my left, three doors. I step forward and look inside the first door, which was positioned facing the kitchen.

Inside was the bathroom. A simple bathroom, not much different than other bathrooms other than the fact the bathtub was a freaking jacuzzi. I know where IM relaxing later today. I open the door to my right, facing the door to my left. Keep in mind I'm not standing in the entrance anymore.

Inside that room was a bedroom, two beside tables sat beside a bed (obviously). The bed was covered in smooth gray sheets. To the left of the bed is a huge window overlooking LA. I go and lay down on the bed. It sinks as I relax my sore body on the mushy memory foam. I think I just might claim this room momentarily as my own. I then decide to remove myself from the cloud like bed and go check out the last room. It looked just like the previous bedroom, only the window was on the right of the bed, and had a slightly different angle of LA.

Meanwhile, Oli is watching me explore the apartment, looking at me like I'm an alien. Again.

"Why are you acting like this is your first time coming to your apartment..?" Oli questions when I walk back over to him.

"Because it is." I reply smoothly. "I officially got the apartment yesterday but I'm moving in today. And here I am." Oli slowly nods.

"Hey, do you think I can crash here for a week or two?" Oli bluntly asks, looking at me.

"You mean stay here...?" I question. He nods in response.

"I don't see why not... so yea sure." I agreed. "Which room do you want? Left or right?"

"Well you seem pretty attached to the left room so I think I'll go with the right room." Oli teases me with a crescent shaped smile plastered on his face, his glistening white teeth shining. Butterflies form in my stomach.

How does he do this? Is he doing this on purpose? Why do I feel like this, I've never felt this way before! Inside my head, I'm panicking, searching for a logical explanation for what's going on with me. Any reason that might explain why I feel like this. I find the answer quickly, and the answer is the one I fear most.

I like Oli... in elementary terms, I have a crush on him...

Crap.