Chapter 9

The next day, I drove myself to the gym. I had my hair in a high ponytail and was wearing a simple blue tank top with some grey shorts. I enter the gym to find only about 5 people there, not including me. Only one person caught my eye, and it was a girl, about a year older than me beating the crap out of a punching bag in the corner. She was so focused on beating up that poor punching bag she didn't even notice me come in, unlike the other people. I walk over to the punching bag beside her and just as I begin to punch it, she speaks.

"Hey, are you new to this gym?" She asks, tighting the straps on her boxing gloves.

"Oh, uh ya. This is my first day." I respond. She nods and takes off one of her gloves to outstretch her hand. I remove one of my gloves and shake her hand.

"I'm Victoria, but my friends call me Tori. At least... they would if I had any..." she finishes her introduction not sounding sad, but more... emotionless. I raise an eyebrow and let out a small laugh before asking,

"You serious?" Then my mind takes a field trip back in time...

//Flashback//

"You serious?" He asks, sounding genuinely worried.

//End of Flashback//

I smile a little bit before snapping out of it to see Victoria staring at me like I just became a unicorn.

"Um.. what happened right there? And no, I was joking. I have plenty of friends." Victoria clarifies.

"Oh... ya all that happened was I thought of something- I mean someone who's really cool and..." I trail off.

"Ohhhh you mean your boyfriend?" Victoria teases, lightly punching my shoulder.

"Wha-what?! No no no, he's not- what?!" I say quickly, clearly flustered. Victoria laughs.

"I'm just messing with you! How about this, we ditch this gym and go get some McDonalds, ya?"

"You are my new best friend." I say, looking at her fondly. She laughs and we both run outside.

"I walked here, so can we go in your ride? I'm assuming..." she gazes at the few cars in the parking lot, completely overlooking mine. I smirk in satisfaction, crossing my arms and she narrows it down between two cars.

"That one!" She points to a simple black car with two seats. I snicker and unlock my convertible. Her jaw drops the moment she hears it 'click!'.

"Tsk tsk, you've underestimated for the last time Tori. I'm not a Peasant." My smirk fades when I hear my own voice speak the words, 'I'm not a Peasant'

Not anymore.

I clear my throat and sit down on the drivers seat.

"Who'd you think about just then?" Tori asks, sitting down beside me in the passengers side.

"No one. I was just thinking- you know what, it doesn't matter." I conclude, starting the car and pulling out.

"Whatever you say." Tori shrugs. After we get McDonalds and Starbucks we were acting like we've been friends for years.

Weird, I must be more of a people-person than I thought... I didn't think I was a people person.

"Hey, Tori... have you ever stole something before?" I question, taking I'm the exit that leads to the military base.
I
"Uh... I think like 3 starbursts and a Hershey bar." She responds, looking at me for a second before looking out the window.

"Such. A. Rebel." I say in joking admiration, even though I have no clue what a Hershey bar or a Starburst is.

"Ok, I'm just going to be straightforward with you. I need you to help me break into somewhere, and help me get out and stuff. I know we just met, but I really feel like I can trust you." I say bluntly, not even glancing at her to see her reaction.

"As long as I'm not the one breaking in and stealing something, sure. Where exactly are we breaking into..?" She questions as I pull up to the military base. I stomp on the breaks and turn her head in its direction.

"Here?!" She exclaims, pointing at the base.

"Yep. I'm not sure I'm even going to be stealing anything yet, especially because I'm not sure what I need exactly..." I say slowly, removing my hand from her head.

"You're going in blind?! Dude, you're so screwed. The moment you step in there people and lasers and people with lasers are going to be swarming you!" She exclaims semi-jokingly.

"It's worth a shot, I need to get in there. It's to important to throw away. Plus I think if I do end up getting caught, someone will help me out." I look up at the dark sky where I think Edacy is.

Man, you really can't see Edacy despite how huge it is.

I then go to the trunk of my car and open it up, hopeful something's in there that will help me out with this... Mission. I find two briefcases. When I lift one up out of the truck, I notice a hatch on the floor of the trunk. I remove the second briefcase and open the hatch with a key I found tucked away in the side of trunk. Inside, are multiple guns.

"Holy shi-" I trail off, in complete and utter shock, as I had just found out I was unknowingly hauling around many many weapons. I don't even know how to use them. I pick up a .44 Magnum Revolver, at least I'm assuming that it's a .44 Magnum Revolver because that's what the tag under it says... I raise it up and examine it. Tori turns around to see what I'm doing, and once her eyes rest upon the gun I'm holding, she freaks out.

"What the heck?! Where'd you get that?! Have you had that the whole time?! You're not a murderer right?!" Without responding to her ridiculous questions, I slowly turn my head towards the base. It looks almost as if it's waiting. Just waiting for someone to come along, and go inside so it can eat them up, and they'll never come back out...

"Oh, this'll be fun..."