Chapter 7

No. Why am I so worried? It's not a like a little crush is going to make me want to stay on Earth. Right..? I shake my head and slightly smile at Oli.

"Well, get yourself settled, I'll get dressed into proper clothes, and then we can figure out what we want to do next alright?" I proclaim, going into my new room and shutting the door. I close the curtains and pull out the outfit from my starter pack.

Once I'm done putting on the clothes, I look myself in the mirror. It was an all black outfit, and was it fancy. Well, fancy for me.

The black tank top had spaghetti straps and was off my shoulders; the sleeves falling loosely to my side. I had on black leather pants, the front of my tank slightly tucked into them. I had on some simple, black heels. Because as I said before, it's an all black outfit. I remove my brown hair from my ponytail, letting it fall loosely onto my shoulders. I look myself in my mud brown eyes, studying my facial features. Yes, I was studying my own face. I'd never before had the time to take a good look at myself; to care about how I looked. And now looking at myself, I feel like I'm missing something... something the female Richman's wear all the time. Makeup.

I'd never before done my makeup, I'd never needed to. I also was starting To feel really girly but oh well, I could do something I'm probably not aloud to do on the Edacy. So I'm doing it, no matter how 'girly' I feel.

I pull out my phone and look up some makeup tutorials. After looking through multiple videos, I decided to go with the smoky eye. I dug through my starter pack and somehow found a makeup bag. I decide to go with black glittery eye shadow to match my outfit, and start to do my makeup. After adding my finishing touches, I look myself in the mirror once more. I did it perfectly.

I look so pretty... Good grief I'm complimenting myself. Oh well, I look amazing.

I snicker at my thoughts before opening my bedroom door, and walking into the living room. I see Oli sitting down on the couch, watching TV. He's hair still isn't brushed. I don't mind.

He looks over at me and his eyes widen in shock, his jaw dropping the slightest. After a long moment of silence I speak.

"What..?" I question, walking over and sitting down beside him on the sofa. He quickly shakes his head in alarm and looks back at the TV.

"Um... look." He points at the bright TV screen. I look over to see he has the news on. At the bottom of the screen in all capitals, colored red, it reads 'BREAKING NEWS' the lady on TV starts to speak in a boringly informal tone.

"10 capsule like pods have been spotted scattered around the United States. Multiple people have seen them falling from the sky, but no one has yet been able to locate where they- oh!" The lady puts two fingers to her ear and is silent for a moment or two before continuing. "I have just been told that a man has located one of the capsules. He said when he looked inside, it looked like something out of a movie- like an escape pod of some sort. No one knows what was inside the pod, or if anything came out of the pod, but scientists are taking it to a lab to examine as we speak. These following states are where all 10 of the pods have landed: California, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Florida, Hawaii, Alabama, Kentucky, Maine, Indiana, and Alaska. That is all for now, thank you for watching."

I burst out laughing once the lady stops talking. Knowing that one of those Richman are in one of the coldest states in America is pure gold. Once again, Oli is looking at me like I'm an alien and asks me what the heck I'm laughing at.

"Oh nothing important... just someone I don't like is somewhere they don't want to be." I smirk mischievously, knowing I have the state that they in the long run 'should've gotten'. Oh well, to bad for them. Because no matter if we're in the hottest state in America or the coldest, we're all here for a reason. And that reason is to save Edacy. No matter what the cost.