Chapter 2

*Lucas's POV*
I looked at my phone and saw what Brandon had texted me.

~ My parents are fighting. My dad just abused me.~ was what he said. My eyes widen after seeing this.

" Oh god." I mumbled to myself as I quickly text back.

~ Are you okay? Do you want me to come over?~ I text realizing what I said and regretted it.

~ Yes. I need to get the hell out of here.~ He replied to me. I pulled a sweatshirt over my head and put shoes on. I yelled to my mom that I'd be back. As I walked out the door I realized I didn't know where he lived. I laughed at myself and then texted him.

~ Where you live?~

Brandon sent me the address and I grabbed my mom's car keys and ran to the car. Yes, it was surprising but I could drive. I reached Brandon's house. Right as I was about to get out I heard yelling. There was a crash.

~I'm here~ I sent him as I quietly walked up to the house. I didn't know exactly what to do. I debated knocking but then I didn't want to get in the middle of it.

*Brandon's POV*
I looked at my phone and saw that Lucas had texted me. I peeked out my bedroom window and saw him. I smiled to myself. I walked to my mirror and saw the black eye that I had received for trying to protect my mom. I walked downstairs quietly. I ducked as a glass came flying over my head and smashed against the wall. I looked and saw my step dad. I backed up. The door was right to my left. I quickly unlocked it and ran out. I made eye contact with Lucas. We nodded our heads and ran to his car. I jumped in the passenger seat. Lucas locked the doors as my angry step dad came out and started to run towards us. Lucas started the car and pressed the gas. I was so glad to be out of there.

" I can't believe he did that to you." I heard Lucas mumble.

" Thanks for saving me." I replied.  A couple moments later we arrived at his house. As I got out of his car I saw a middle aged woman come out.

" Hi mom." Lucas said grumply. The woman smiled at Lucas..

" Who is this?" She asked him.

" This is my friend, Brandon." He said to her smiling a bit.

" Hi ma'am." I said waving.

" Hi." She said. I think she was surprised on my manners. I was too......