#5

I was guilty. I can't stand being away from you. The more I tried to avoid you, The more my heart aches just to look at you. But then, I saw your coat folded nicely, sitting in the corner of my closet. I decided to return it to you, and apologize. 'Everything will be back to normal.' I told myself. I stood at your front door and calmed myself down before slowly turning the doorknob. Until I saw you- kissing my brother. I lost my grip and your coat fell onto the floor as I watched in horror. 

                  Before I knew it, I was running. Didn't know where I was heading, but I was clear of something- I wanted to run away. From reality, the world, everything. From that moment on, nothing would ever be the same. We started drifting further apart, almost to the extent of being total strangers. Your words, actions, gestures- they were the part of you that you left in me, souvenirs from the times we spent together. A memory I could never experience again.

                   That day you walked into my classroom and announced that you were my teacher gave me the biggest shock of my life. Every bit of you that was hidden in the depths of my memory, were all dug up. All the pain, envy, jealousy, hatred, it all came back to me. I was angry. Mad at you for coming back into my life. Mad at the coincidences that brought you back to me. I was mad at myself for thinking I got a second chance. 

Leftover Letter (Leftover Series #1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें