V - 'Give Me File 459M.'

'Mr Linton!'

'Mr Linton!'

'Mr Linton!"

Cringing, I cracked open my eyes to see the face of my very own boss above me.

'Now is not the time to sleep.'

I massaged my head and looked at him with a scowl.

'I wasn't sleeping! I fell and hit my head!'

His gaze examined the upturned stool, drew it back to me and then to the awkward position I was in.

I saw a little bit of worry there.  Just a little bit.  It was quickly masked by his stony expression.

'Well, you should be careful next time.  It's tiresome to find a replacement for you.'

He stood up, sighed and hit my buttock with his cane.

I hissed.

'Oh, won't you be glad to get rid of me.  No one will break your rules anymore.'

A little lift in the corner of his mouth happened to pass by quickly.

'On the contrary, I want you breaking my rules than following them.'

Still sitting, I stared at him, agape.

'Have you hit your head hard on the floor too?'

Despite where I was, I could hear the grinding of his teeth.

'Get up.  Don't dally.  Where's my File 459M?'

I groaned and rolled my eyes.  'Coming. Tsk.'  Really.   I just love to strangle this man.

'What's inside this file anyway? A secret military code? A last will perhaps? A battle strategy to win against another kingdom? Or simply, a love note?' I asked when I once again stood on top the stool.

Bad choice, I know.  But how am I able to get the blasted file if I'm not going to use it? 

Mr Ambrose, despite a six footer, hadn't bothered to offer a helping hand.  He just stood there, watching me, but on second thought, I noticed his cane was already placed against my desk and his hands were obviously palm front and parted as if ready to catch me if I were to fall again.

Sweet.

'Open it if you want to know,' he told me.

Successfully, I pulled out the box from the shelf.  He only allowed some distance away from me when my feet hit the floor.

I eyed him before opening the box and said, 'This isn't a resignation letter is it?'

His face, if he was just tricking me, never showed a sign.

'Just open it, Lillian.'

My heart skipped a beat when I heard him speak my name.  Oh God. Could this man be an imposter?

I thinned my eyes at him, scrutinizing the facial expression on his face that would show a clue, but there was none.  Not a line was misplaced.

I went on to opening the box and eventually the file folder.

Mr Ambrose watched me like how a statue watches over its subjects - unmoving.

It was only then that I realized he had waited for my reaction when I finally read what was written on a piece of paper.

'What's this...'

My brows furrowed and my lips trembled.

What.

What?!

Written with his own handwriting, it said:

Ms Lillian Linton, will you....

The End

~ 0 ~

Ah, yes, fill in the blanks my dears.  It's in your power to do so. The limit is your imagination.

Thank you for reading this fanfiction story and for voting for me and putting me first place in the contest. I am truly grateful.

And thank you too to Sir RobThier for hosting this contest.  We, your fans, are grateful for your presence in our lives. Bravo to you and I wish you all the best in life!

This would be my first fanfiction and as you can see in my original works, I mainly write stories with smut and smex scenes so this here had been quite a challenge for me being no erotica included. LOL

'Til next time!

~ Julianne