Chapter 37

Will

The trailer smelled of urine--a smell sharp enough to sting his nose and cause his eyes to water.

Cam, busy inspecting the bars holding them in the cramped space, put the collar of his shirt over his nose. "Mathias, you're never allowed to come on any rescue missions ever again."

Mathias only snorted.

Meanwhile, Will tried his best to ignore the pungent smell and felt around the top of the metal box and along the walls.

They were looking for any weakness, either in the trailer's design or in the metal bars holding them there. Every design had a flaw, and if they were going to get out of there, they'd have to find that flaw.

Cam had been the first one to wake up after the tranq wore off. Immediately, he shook a groggy Will awake.

At first, with the darkness of the trailer and the unbearable heat, Will had assumed Selene had locked them up somewhere to die.

It wasn't until they heard the voices of the others outside that they knew otherwise.

They'd been locked in this trailer until further notice. Until Selene decided to have a better use for them, or simply kill them off.

Will would not accept either option. Because Harley was out there. And so was Ben. And they both probably needed his help.

Or worse.

With renewed vigor, he tapped hard on the sidewall. A tinny sound accompanied his tapping--the wall was relatively thin and most likely some type fiberglass mixture. The floor was nothing but wood panels, but he knew if he broke through them, he'd hit another layer of fiberglass and possibly the vehicle's frame. Getting through the miscellaneous pipes and metal down there would be more difficult.

If he went past the thick metal bars by the door and tapped on that wall, he knew he'd hit the same material as the sidewalls.

Which meant...

He ran a hand along one of the seams of the metal. "We're going through."

Cam raised an eyebrow. "Through? And how do you suppose we do that?"

He pulled back and clenched a fist. "Brute force."

He threw a punch into the wall and was actually somewhat surprised at the decent sized dent left behind.

Cam sputtered. "Will, buddy, I know you like to punch walls, but this is ridiculous."

"It'll work," he said and took a deep breath. They were going to have to ram through the wall to make an exit. His body was going to hate him later.

"We're literally going to beat our way out of this?"

Will's shoulder hit the wall. He let the sharp ache roll over him. "You got a better idea?"

Cam sighed and stood next to him. "At what point do you think the metal will give?"

"Don't know. Just start moving."

Turns out, the metal walls in the trailer were pretty durable. It took them what felt like an hour or so to pound through the material. Luckily they were werewolves and had the extra strength, stamina, and speed on their side.

If they were human, they'd have collapsed.

With one final kick, Will's foot broke through the metal. The sharp edges of the new hole scraped along his jean as he pulled his leg back in.