chapter one

Sakura's P.O.V

It was a windy day, as I walked back through the gates of Konoha. I'd been on a mission of diplomacy to Suna, on behalf of the medical exchange program. I was there for the span of two months and I was glad to be home.

"Sakura-chan!!!!" I turned toward the source calling my name, as I ventured toward the Hokage tower. How rude of me, my name is Sakura Haruno, age sixteen, disciple of the legendary sannin, Tsunade Senju, medical genius. I have green eyes and managed to inherit my father pink hair,that which I kept short.. Though his was darker than mine and suited him well, for a man at least. I'm the daughter of Kizashi and Mebuki Haruno, first generation shinobi from our family. After my birth, they took on desk jobs as directors of the "research corp" due to their vast intellect. Which only accompanies years of reading and investigations. You see, the Haruno family, strictly ran the Konoha library before my parents discovered their talents in the shinobi arts as children. This makes me a second generation shinobi and I intend to continue a sprawling line of Haruno shinobi.. Well, when I'm actually ready to be a mother. Or if anyone actually wants me to mother their children..

Anyway, the goofball yelling my name is Naruto Uzumaki, son of the fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze, AKA: the 'Yellow Flash'. As well as the son of the 'Red Hot Habanero' herself, Kushina Uzumaki. I know what your thinking, "Why do Naruto and his mother not share the same last name as the Fourth?" Simple, the Yondaime has many enemies and this way it's harder for them to be targetted.

I sighed as my blonde haired, blue eyed best friend tackled me in a hug. "Sakura-chan, I missed you so much! Please don't leave me ever again! Dattebayo!" He was pryed away from me by a dark haired boy with an attitude and a handsome.. Well everything. "You dobe, she needs to report to the Hokage. You know, your dad?" The dark and handsome piece of delicious, talking right now is Sasuke Uchiha. The other member of our team. He was tall, with short raven locks and dark eyes. He was the youngest son of Fagaku and Mikoto Uchiha, leaders of the Uchiha clan. One the most powerful clans in Konoha.. The clan in charge of the Konoha police force. Hell,they're probably the most powerful clan in shinobi world, thanks to their kekkei genkai, the Sharingan. He was dreamy, a bit of an asshole at times but actually a very caring person underneath that usual Uchiha stoicism.

"Teme, why are you always trying to interrupt me when I'm with Sakura-chan?!" He yelled at our taller friend. "Hn, maybe you should spend less time flirting and more time training. You might have heard me coming then." Naruto was able to break free of his grasp and hooked an arm around mine. "Let me walk you to the old man, ne, Sakura-chan?" I smiled and shook my head, "Don't worry about it Naruto, I have to report the Tsunade-shishou, immediately after my check in with Hokage-sama. I'll meet you guys at Ichiraku around seven, ne?" He frowned, "Damn does Teme have to come? I was hoping for a date Dattebayo..." I giggled as Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Of course, we're a team and besides wouldn't you rather spend time with a certain Hyuga anyway?" I winked at him. This time Sasuke smirked, "Oh, yeah, what was her name again? Minata? Honita? Oh! That's right Hinata!"  Naruto turned bright red and scratched the back of his neck. "Whaaaat??? Wait you think she'd want to see me?"  He asked shyly. I nodded my head. "I think she's training now. Go see Dobe." Said Sasuke moving aside as Naruto bolted passed him.

"He's such a goofball." I said with a giggle. Sasuke only smirked, "Yeah, I don't know why he insists on pursuing you when he clearly has feelings for the Hyuga girl." We began walking toward the Hokage tower together. "He just doesn't want to feel like he's losing to you." I said not taking my eyes off the road in front of me. "Hm? Why would he feel that way?" He looked confused for a split second but the considering look faded as quickly as it came. "Well, because every girl likes you Sasuke-kun." I said with a chuckle. He looked at me out the corner of his eye, "Even you Sa-ku-ra-chan?" He said it so smoothly and I had to play it cool. "I used to.. But I'm not the same little girl I was. See?" I said pulling my bangs out of my face, revealing the Byakugou seal upon my forehead. His eyes widened, "but how? You've been storing chakra all this time. How did it finally manifest itself?" This side of Sasuke was rare, the side that was genuinely interested in another human being.