Chapter 12

- Hector -

.

.

"Okay," I say, "Al? Why are you wearing you dad's leader jacket?"

Everyone looks at Al and the jacket in awe. It is a nice, purple, leathery material jacket that has 'Four' sewn on the front.

"I dunno," She says "I just felt like it."

"Well," Tommy says, "You look pretty hot in it."

A small smirk rises on Tommy's face, making me sick. Al smiles a little to herself, and she turns bright red. Jo and Claire ran off, like they usually do in a race for the train, leaving me alone with my cousin and Al.

"Thanks," Al smiles at Tommy and he smiles back. Al said she liked me on the ride home from amity earlier this week. Why is she flirting with Tommy, my awful cousin?

"I'm going to catch up with Jo and Claire," Al says. Tommy and I nod and she runs off after the twins.

Once Al is out of sight, I turn my attention to Tommy. "What the hell, man?" I yell.

"What?" he says in a sly tone.

"What do you mean 'What?'?" I say, my temper raising. "You know I have a thing for Al. And you go and flirt with her, like it's no big deal?" My fists are clenched at my sides. I look at my idiot of a cousin, who has a smug look on his face.

"Sorry cous'," he says, "You snooze, you loose." I try to ignore him. He always plays these games, just to bother and embarrass me. Like the one time two years ago.

"Hey Hector?" Tommy says, in front of all our friends, "Truth or dare?"

My eyes meet Al's and she has a little half smile on her face. "Dare."

"I dare you to," Tommy says, pausing to think. "Any ideas ladies?" he asks to the four girls playing with us, Al, Jo, Claire, and Angie.

"Thanks man," James says sarcastically.

"Oooh!" Claire squeals, she leans over and whispers something in Tommy's ear. Whatever it is, Tommy likes it, which means I won't.

"I dare you to either make out with Al," Al covers her eyes and shakes her head, "or run outside, in the compound, in just your underwear screaming 'I AM BEAUTIFUL!'" Tommy says, causing everyone to burst out in laughter. I stand up and take off my shirt. Al stares, wide-eyed at me. I pull down my jeans and I stand there in my boxers.

"One lap?" I ask. Tommy nods his head. I walk out if the room we are in, it is used in initiation, but that is over, so we use it. I start to run around the compound and I scream, "I AM BEAUTIFUL!" I turn a corner, but stop in my tracks. Jeanine Matthews, Johanna Reyes and Four stand there, staring at me. I hear a small gasp from behind me and see Al, Jo, Claire, Angie, James and Tommy are there, all of them are holding back laughter, except Al. Sympathy fills her eyes.