CHAPTER NINE: Five Years in the Future

Hello, my name is Kelly.

I'm writing this with my own hand, from a real world.

I can write whatever I like, it's up to me.

But I don't want to write a story about characters. I don't want to control people.

So I'm going to write about reality.

Everything here is different from the story I lived in five years ago. It's more tangible and alive.

So much has changed since I escaped the prison of words that was my home.

Nicole and Evan liked to argue so much that they decided to get married so that they could argue all the time.

Arthur has gone into the circus, and only those closest to him know his golden horn is real, and not just glued to his head. I think he enjoys bossing around the titeropers and lion tamers.

I live by myself in a small apartment above the library I work at, and every day I read another story.

But if the ending is sad, I write a new one, so that the characters can keep living in a world of happiness.

I found Daniel's story, called A Mystical World.

It was a boring read, with no climax or plot, but I wrote in a new chapter of my own.

An epilogue, about Daniel, the dragon with a British accent, and his friend the human who, miraculously, turned out to be alive.

The world will continue however it likes, changing at random, tossing us around like a rowdy ocean.

I never plan to write a story.

Only endings.

Because, if a world is fake, it should at least have a happy conclusion.

My happy conclusion is living the life I never knew existed, here in London, where anything and everything can go wrong.

The perfect story isn't a world of perfection, but a world of free-will.

~Kelly

The End

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE COMING