i. september 1st.

SEPTEMBER FIRST
had always been Cassiopeia's favorite day of the year. It was the day she got to leave the large empty manor filled with to little noise. It was the day she got to see the few people on this earth she valued. That is the reason why Cassiopeia allowed herself to smile, her usually icy features melting away at the sight of her friends.

Cassiopeia had the same friend group she had in the beginning of first year, the same group she her parents had. They were all Slytherins, all pure. Cassiopeia would have it no other way.

When the two Lestrange boys entered the compartment that Cassiopeia and Lucius were already sitting on, the girl greeted them with a polite smile and friendly nod, though that smile turned into a grin when she saw who was following them.

Cassiopeia nearly jumped out of her seat when she saw Bellatrix. The pair had been the closest of friends since they were children, always inseparable. Now seeing her after going a whole summer without, Cassiopeia thought she might explode in happiness. Immediately the blonde wrapped her arms around the curly haired girl who was several inches taller.

"Bella I missed you! You cannot ever go away that long again." Cassiopeia playfully chastised her friend who laughed in reply.

"Perhaps you wouldn't miss me so much if your reply to my letters Cass." The dark haired girl retorted with a smirk that widened when her companion rolled her eyes.

"That's likely. Cass is probably the worst person in the world when it comes to replying." Lucius butted in, quickly dodging an every flavor bean his twin through it him.

"Hey you should have learned long ago in bloody terrible at replying." Cassiopeia defended, making Bellatrix laugh again as the pair sat down. The girl then turned to Narcissa and sent the slightly younger girl a grin.

"Cissa you obviously aren't horrible at replying, seeing as you and my brother didn't stop owling the entire summer." Cassiopeia teased lightly, watching as both mentioned Slytherins blushed slightly while everyone else in the compartment busted out laughing.

While Rabastan jumped into a story about his and his brother's summer adventure Cassiopeia turned to Bellatrix, giving the girl a soft smile.

"So how have you been?" Cassiopeia questioned, her eyes holding concern for her closest friend.

"I've been already, just preparing you know, to get my mark." The witch replied and Cassiopeia nodded, she to would be getting her dark mark at the end of this year.

"Well we still have a whole year of school to survive. If I can even survive transfigurations this year." Cassiopeia joked, the witch had never been particularly gifted in that course, her abilities shining through in potions instead.

Bellatrix chuckled and playfully nudged her friends shoulder.

"Don't worry we can curse a few mudbloods if you ever feel down." Bella reminded and Cassiopeia grinned lightly at her friend, wiggling her eyebrows in a playful manner that made both young witches laugh.

For now, everything was perfect.

THE FEAST
this year wasn't particularly interesting. No children from any important families were sorted, though Slytherin did gain several knew first years.

"Look at my bloodtraitor cousin, he's a complete disgrace." Bellatrix stated in disgust. Cassiopeia, immediately knowing who her companion was talking about, looked to the Gryffindor table and wrinkled her nose. Sirius Black, a third year and Bella's cousin had been sorted into Gryffindor and since then had been a disgrace to his family.

"At least Regulus knows where he belongs." Cassiopeia reminded, turning her gaze to the dark haired Black sitting down the table talking to a boy Cassiopeia knew to be Severus Snape.

"True." Bellatrix agreed after a moment and went back to eating her meal.

After they had finished their meal Cassiopeia and Bellatrix headed up to their dorm, bidding their friends goodnight as they did. The pair quickly changed out of their robes and Bellatrix moved to sit on Cassiopeias bed.

The pair didn't bother to look up when their two other roommates entered. Leona Greengrass and Natalia Parkinson were both fine girls, but they tended to become quite clingy and desperately wanted to be apart of the group.

Bella simply glared at them, making the pair stop before they could start talking. The act made Cassiopeia grin. Bellatrix tended to scare people, though she had never frightened Cassiopeia in all their years of friendship.

Later that night, when the other girls had gone to bed Bella was the one interrupted the silence.

"What do you think is going to happen after this year?" She wondered, moving so she was laying down besides Cassiopeia, who cuddled into her friend under the emerald blankets.

"I'm not sure, I know it'll be different, I know we'll all be different, but I know nothing can change this, us." Cassiopeia responded honestly.

"Your right." Was all Bella said before the two fell asleep.

OH HOW NAIVE THEY BOTH WERE.