Chapter 3

The weekend came too fast. It's almost Saturday. Val and I talked after that incident at Starbs. Let's just say it didn't go that well. We're fine.. But not yet okay. Kami but.. Not in good terms. I'm giving her all the space she needs. I'm not bending to her this time. She needs to realize she's at fault here.

"Bakit hindi si Val ang dadalhin mo? You two were inseparable before. Is there something wrong?" Jeron and I were doing some therapy in Razon.

I invited him to go with me on Saturday. I dont have anybody I can bring eh. Can't bring my girlfriend, that's for sure. "Wala naman. You're free right?"

"Yeah. But that doesn't answer my question. Ayos ka lang? You can tell me. You know?" Jeron is my closest teammate. We cover each other's asses sa team and kay coach. We're not exactly the best of buds pero we both know we got each other's back.

"We're not okay ni Val right now. Malabo. So.. There. Ikaw ang date ko tuloy." Hahahaha. I tried making the conversation light. I dont wanna make it dramatic. We're boys for crying out loud!

"Hahahaha! Sira! Baka magselos sa akin yun! Possessive pa naman ng girlfriend mo!"

"Ha! Sinabi mo pa."

"Dont get me wrong.. Val is great and all. Pero may pagka overwhelming sya. I dont know. Sorry bro." I cant say I'm surprised with what he said. Tama naman eh.

"I know naman eh. You're not the first one who told me that. But the heart wants what it wants." Then I suddenly had a picture of Vic in my head. Huh? Where did that come from?

"You sure? You look.. Confused? Sigurado ka ba dyan?"

"Uh wala wala.. I'm okay. I thought of something lang."

"You know bro, I know it's not simple. Pero sometimes it's a question of happiness lang eh. Masaya ka pa ba? Kasi if she's not the person who makes you happy anymore.. Then you might be missing out on the person who can."

"Deep bro! Inspired?" I'm trying to imply something here. I wanna divert the conversation. Nawawala ako sa mood the more we talk about my relationship.

"Maybe? Malabo pa. You know her dad. Testing the waters pa ko."

Success. May pagka gullible din tong si Jeron eh. Hahahaha. "Tito cant resist you. You're THE Jeron Teng! The star of his team. You can do it!"

"Sana.."

_________________________

Saturday..

"How did you get tickets for this anyway? Ang daming tao! Parang hunger games din ang tickets for this ah!" Jeron and I were passing along Coral drive of SM MoA Arena. We're on our way sa parking. Is this really how popular volleyball has gotten?

"I got connections. Impressed?"

"Yabang! Tssss. It's from your Lady Spiker tutor right? What's her name again? Victorina.. Galang? Basta ung number 8?" Hahahaha. Victorinaaa??

"Hahahaha. She'd kill you if she hears that!"

"What?! Di naman ako katulad mo na nanunuod ng volleyball tuwing may game sila no!"

"Grabe naman bro! Not always! You talk like I'm obsessed or something!"

"Hindi ba? Baka sya na bro. Ayos yan! Go for it!" Huh? Sya na? Go for it? Labo ni Jeron.

He quickly got out of the car. And I had to sprint para I can catch up with him. Pagbaba namin sa walkway from the parking.. BOOM! I was supposed to ask Jeron something but I forgot na. Too many fans asking for photos and autographs. I dont even know how we got inside the Arena. The question just flew out of my mind.