#⃣ Sania Mirza facts

1. Sania Mirza started playing tennis at the age of just six and her father Imran Mirza was her first coach. Later on she learnt tennis game from coach Roger Anderson.

2. Sania's tennis idolize are Roger Federer and Steffi Graf.

3. She completed her graduation from St. Marry's College, Hyderabad.

4. MGR Educational and Research Institute University awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Letters to Sania in 2008.

5. Sania Mirza married to Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik in 2010. The fact is before getting married to Malik, Sania was related to other cricketers like Ghulam Ahmed and Asif Iqbal.

6. In 2009, Sania got engaged to childhood friend Sohrab Mirza but due to some reasons they decided to be a part.

7. Time magazine named her "50 heroes of Asia" in 2005.

8. Sania Mirza was named in "33 women who made India proud" by The Economic Times in 2010.

9. As per 2010 Google Trends analysis, Sania Mirza was the most searched Indian Sports personality on search engine.

10. Sania Mirza became first South Asian Woman to feature as UN Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia in 2013.

11. Mrs. Sania Mirza Malik became brand ambassador of Telangana State in 2014.

12. She is the first Indian tennis player to earn more than 1 million US dollar.

13. In the early stage of her tennis career, as junior player Sania Mirza won 10 Singles and 13 doubles title.

14. Sania also bagged 27 WTA and 4 ITF doubles titles along with 1 WTA and 14 ITF singles titles.

15. She won 2003 Wimbledon Championships Girl's double title with her partner Alisa Kleybanova.

16. Sania Mirza is the first Indian woman to win a WTA (Women's Tennis Association) title. WTA also ranked her India's number 1 player from 2003 to 2013.

17. She won 2 Gold, 3 Silver and 3 Bronze medals in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014.

18. Mirza won silver medal in Women's singles and a bronze medal in Women's doubles at 2010 Commonwealth Games.

19. Sania has won 3 top Grand Slam Mixed Doubles Titles of the year as she claimed 2009 Australian Open, 2012 French Open and 2014 US Open.

20. She won one Grand Slam Doubles in 2015 when Sania claimed Wimbledon Championships 2015 crown with partner Martina Hingis.

21. Sania achieved number 1 WTA rankin Women's Doubles event.

22. Sania Mirza became second Indian tennis player to get honoured with country's highest award for achievement in sports i.e. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.

🎾💜