Chapter Thirteen

The bells rang, making Elsa smile. Today was the day. She waited by the doors. A few minutes passed, but she didn’t show up. Elsa began to pace back and forth. She could hear the people inside the doors begin to murmur. She peered inside. He looked nervous. What could be taking her so long?

Jack appeared at the end of the hallway, and quickly flew towards Elsa. “She won’t come out,” he stated. Elsa sighed, and quickly followed Jack to the room. When they got there, the door was closed. She looked to Jack.

“I got this. Go wait by the doors,” she instructed. He gave her a hopeful smile and left. Elsa raised her hand and knocked on the wood four times. “Anna?” There was no answer. “Anna please, I know you’re in there. People are wondering where you’ve been. Have courage, just try to. I’m here for you. Just let me in,” she pleaded. Slowly, the door opened. Elsa rushed inside.

“Elsa, I’m not sure I’m ready for this,” Anna said. Elsa smiled softly.

“Of course you are. You’ve been planning this for months.”

“Then what if he’s not ready for this?”

“If he wasn’t then he wouldn’t be standing at the end of that aisle,” Elsa pointed out.

“You’re right. Okay. I can do this. I’m ready. I was born ready!” she grabbed Elsa by the hand and started to leave the room. Anna stopped abruptly and began to back up. Elsa groaned. They were so close.

“What now?”

“Elsa, are you sure you give your blessing?” Elsa laughed.

“I’ve told you one thousand times, yes.”

“But what if it turns out like… like Hans?”

“It won’t, I promise.”

“What if he doesn’t think I look pretty?” Anna looked down at her dress with a concerned look and pushed a piece of hair behind her ear that wouldn’t stay in her bun.

“You look beautiful.” Anna eyed Elsa skeptically, noting the beautiful blue dress with an intricate snowflake pattern on the bodice that she wore.

“But you look beautifuller. I mean, not fuller, of course not fuller, just-”

“Anna!” Elsa said, stopping Anna’s panicked speaking. “Please, stop being so nervous. Everything will be fine. You look amazing. Although maybe a just a small touch up…” Elsa raised her hand and blew a steady stream of sparkling snowflakes, showering them onto the bottom on Anna’s dress.  Anna gasped and twirled around, watching her dress sparkle and glow. She lunged herself towards Elsa and gave her a big hug. The girls laughed.

“Now I’m ready.” Together they made their way down the hall to the room where everyone was waiting. As the large double doors opened, the music started to play and all the occupants stood. Elsa, in place of her father, walked Anna down the aisle. She smiled as she passed Jack, who was sitting in the pews.

The look on Kristoff’s face as Anna and Elsa floated down the aisle was the loveliest thing Elsa had ever seen. He looked stunned, and like the happiest person alive. Elsa couldn’t be more pleased or more proud. The room began to spin, and her vision blurred. The image faded.

Elsa was in a room, her room, looking out at the village beyond. A hand was on her stomach and a smile was on her face. But she was also nervous. Shouts of children were heard, and feet pounded through the hallway, followed by Anna’s voice. Elsa smiled again.

Anna entered the room, followed by a small boy with red-blond hair. She came and pulled up a chair. Elsa looked from Anna to the small child running around the room and laughing.