Le Petit Cafe

=May=

I rode my bike down the lane, heading towards town. Pedaling fast, my light purple mountain bike flew down the dirt road.

My long hair streamed behind me, threatening to escape the red baseball cap that rested on my head. I was wearing my favorite red and white flannel shirt unbuttoned with a blue undershirt under it, and a pair of navy blue skinny jeans with my favorite comfy brown work boots.

I passed the bus stop and I knew I was approaching town and my destination. Le Petit Cafe.

Terry's birthday was today and the rest of my friends and I were planning a surprise party for her. We were originally going to have it next week, that's when we officially get out of school for summer, but we decided to hold it on her actual birthday.

Riding past the first houses, I passed the stop sign and the one streetlight in town, waving and greeting people as I rode by. Approaching La Petit Cafe, I parked my bike outside. No need to lock it, no one ever stole anything here.

Walking in I was greeted by Nate, one of my best guy-friends. Blonde with green eyes and 5'8", he was a classic countryboy.

"Hey." he said, sending a smile my way.

"Hey yourself." I responded, sliding onto a bar stool.

"You here to order Terry's cake?"

"How did you know?" I teased.

"You told me yesterday during 4th period."

"I knew that." I said, rolling my eyes.

Nate was the son of Mr. Rolland, the owner of the cafe so he worked here after school and on Saturday.

"So what kind?" he asked while drying cups and stacking them. Behind him, his father took the order Mr. Catiliean.

"Mr. Catiliean." I greeted, nodding my head.

"May. How are you doing? Nate. Nice to see you."

"Great. How about you and Sandra?" I asked, referring to his dog.

"Good thanks." Nate replied to Mr. Catiliean.

"She doing fine. She just had some sort of bug, but she's better now." Mr. Catiliean informed me.

"That's good to hear." I answered.

"Mr. Catiliean, your coffee." Mr. Rolland called.

"Have a nice day." he said.

"Bye." Nate and I chorused.

"So that cake..." He asked turning back to me as Mr. Catiliean walked away.

"Uh... defiantly chocolate, with pink frosting!" I answered.

"So in other words chocolate frosting?"

"Yeah..." I sighed at him. He knew me to well.

"Okay." he said, writing the order down. "It'll be ready at... 12:30."

I glanced at the clock. It was 9:00am now. We get up earlier around here.

" Kay. Be back then." I informed him, sliding off the stool. "Oh! Have you seen Kiera?"

"Yep, she stopped in for her usual just a little bit ago." he informed me.

I smiled. "Okay, I'll get one too."

"The usual?" he asked, returning my smile.

"Yep."

He turned to make me my usual, a medium Chai Tea Latte. Kiera and I's favorite.

A couple minutes latter he handed me my drink.

"Thanks." I said, forking over my three bucks for it.

"No prob." he responded. "See you later."

"Later!" I said, opening the door.

"Try Shakespeare & Company!" he yelled after me.

I smiled, nodding as I took a sip.

I slipped out and hopped back on my bike, sipping my drink as I turned towards Shakespeare & Company.