Food! I Need Food!

"Wait!" I yelled, bolting up. "Who broughts food?"

Ren, Mia, Sammi, and Kiera looked at each other.

"So, no one?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

They shook their heads.

"We need food!" I yelled again. "We go and get food!" I ordered, pointing off into the woods.

"May, we already set up..." Mia pointed out.

"Who cares? I need food! What's a party without food?" I argued.

"You want to go get some? We have time before Terry shows." Ren said.

"Kiera! Let us go forward with the power of sugar hungry fairies!" I shouted, grabbing her hand and dragging her off.

"Let go of me!" she protested.

"I'll give you a Hershey's Bar..." I tempted.

"Done." She answered quickly.

"Don't take to long!" Sammi yelled after us.

I dragged Kiera back over the river at a swift pace. We headed over the fields and headed towards my house. It didn't take us as long because we cut straight to my house, not to the property line.

We ran past the barn and in through the back door.

"Hey mom." I greeted.

"Hi Mrs. Jones." Kiera greeted politely.

"We forgot snacks..." I said.

"And you want some from here right?" my mom asked smiling.

"Bingo."

My mom helped us scour around and we ended up with a bag of Barbeque Lays, Pistachios, Apples, and a 6-pack of Sprite.

"Thanks mom!" I said, kissing her on the cheek and headed out the door with arms laden with snacks.

"Bye Mrs. Jones." Kiera said.

We headed out and I saw my dad in the pickup.

"Dad! I yelled, waving my foot in the air, since my arms were full.

"Hey girls." He greeted, pulling up next to us.

"Hi Mr. Wonderful." Kiera teased.

It was a thing between my dad and Kiera that he should be, 'Mr. Wonderful'. It had been going on for as long as I could remember.

"Could you give us a ride?" I asked him, giving him puppy dog eyes.

My dad checked his watch and looked back at us.

" I've got time to spare, hop in the back." He said, jerking a thumb at the back.

"Yes!" Kiera and I shouted together and piled into the back, sitting down on one of the bales of hay.

W crossed over the old bridge and a few minutes later we pulled up at the treeline and Kiera and I baled out, grabbing the food.

"Thanks Dad!" I said.

"Thanks!" Kiera said also.

"Have fun, and don't burn the forest down in the next hour." He teased.

"I promise we wont burn it down in the next hour." I promised. "The next hour and one minute... that's questionable." I teased.

"Bye." He said, giving us a smile and backing up the pick up.

"Bye!" Kiera and I shouted, waving after him.